Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I honestly tried to search, but the terms "video playback and 700p" are very broad, so if anyone has better terms to search under, I'd be glad to give it another shot. So....

What are your recommendations for programs that enable you to play shows, movies, etc on the 700p? I'm not talking about live streaming video or sprint tv...I mean stuff that you can transfer from your home PC onto a 4GB SD card. Thanks.

EDIT:
    I found mmplayer but feel free to toss in any other ideas.
    Last edited by bvd1147; 07/21/2006 at 06:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I know people have success with TCPMP.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    TCPMP is playing AVI's very nicely. Thanks for the reply. Now to figure out how to convert DVDs????
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147
    Now to figure out how to convert DVDs????
    On the front page of TCPMP website, there are a couple of links talking about decoding/encoding DVD's. One of the sites is this. Hope it helps. (I personally have not tried any of them!)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Converting DVD's takes a little bit of research but it can be done and fairly easily. It took me a good night of reading, searching, reading, searching. Then, and only then, was I able to read a little bit more and search a few more times. Just jump into it, screw up a couple times and master it in a night. I am working on getting shows on my Treo from my Tivo right now. I have spent the better part of a week working on it, reading, searching, searching, reading, and I have just gotten about 80% of it figured out. Good luck!
    Start off with this beginner program: PocketDivXEncoder. That will get you started.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I honestly tried to search, but the terms "video playback and 700p" are very broad, so if anyone has better terms to search under, I'd be glad to give it another shot.
    There's a whole forum here for that: http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

What are your recommendations for programs that enable you to play shows, movies, etc on the 700p?
    I bought MMPlayer when it came out, but have since been using TCPMP v0.71.

TCPMP is playing AVI's very nicely. Thanks for the reply. Now to figure out how to convert DVDs????
    There are multiple free paths out there to do conversion, but most of the ones I looked at were multi-step processes. In the end I paid for the convenience of Pocket DVD Studio. V4.x is easy to use and reliable. It's simple to select resolution, as well as video and audio quality.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Thats funny because that is what I am doing right now! I am heading up to camp as a counselor and I want to watch some movies on the bus. This is the website that I found that walks you through the whole process. It works great and it is easy to follow. It requires FairUse and TCPMP. Both are excellent programs and work flawlessly.

I read the PalmFocus website AS I did it and I was up in runing in 20 minutes (not including the hour or so it took to encode the DVD )

http://www.palmfocus.com/fairuse.php

Good Luck!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  9.    #9  
    Do I get the Pocket DVD studio for PALM or the regular ver 4.0?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Do I get the Pocket DVD studio for PALM or the regular ver 4.0?
    You'd want the version for "Pocket PC/Palm Software"... but before purchasing that you might check out BabelFish's link. FairUse Wizard LE is free. I was really early to jump on the "Video on Treo" bandwagon so it's quite possible there are better things out there now. You can download the free demo of Pocket DVD Studio (it gives you like five minutes of record time) and see if you think the ease of use is worth paying for.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 07/22/2006 at 04:49 PM.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    I've made 5 dvds so far and they have worked flawlessly. it didn't cost me anything either (minus the cost of the dvd)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  12.    #12  
    Well I tried the pocket DVD studio and it freezes up during conversion every time. I don't have anything else running on my PC, no screen saver, nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the link babelfish, I think I just my try it.
    Go with Fair use, its worked flawless for me everytime-
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie
    Converting DVD's takes a little bit of research but it can be done and fairly easily. It took me a good night of reading, searching, reading, searching. Then, and only then, was I able to read a little bit more and search a few more times. Just jump into it, screw up a couple times and master it in a night. I am working on getting shows on my Treo from my Tivo right now. I have spent the better part of a week working on it, reading, searching, searching, reading, and I have just gotten about 80% of it figured out. Good luck!
    Poopsie,

I can't help but say I'm going to be doing the same thing next week...regarding the Tivo. My wife is taking the kid to grandma's for the week and so I plan to hack up my Directv Tivo with the Zipper and get this working! I also plan to upgrade to the 700p this week.

Let me know how it goes for you tivo-wise...

-Mike
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Oh man is it a lot of work. I didn't know Linux at all, so learning all the scripts and stuff took some reading. I knew dos, so that helped a little bit. I literally had to search for four full nights before I started. Then was searching and reading everynight I worked on it. It was fun though and WELL WORTH IT.
  16.    #16  
    Well, like stated above, Fair Use works great AND it's free. Thanks guys.
    yes fair works well you still have a trade off with having to crop the picture to get it to a size you can watch. and for the record mmplayer is junk.
    I use Pocket DVD studio and TCMP, I've watched Starwars Episode III and many other movies on it. Works great ! One time I had a problem with it recording very slow and choppy, I went into options and down to DVD settings and switched the DVD Video Decoders and it solved the problem. Its very easy to use and the movies come out great.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  19.    #19  
    Do you guys think that the PC freezing/rebooting could be from the CPU being overclocked? It seems that this process really taxes the CPU.
    I use lathe http://www.omniquiti.com/store_pde.html

it cost $6 and has perfect treo presets. full lenth toy story is less than 100 mb so you can fit 10 on a one gig card
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast