1.    #1  
    It's that time of year again...

As an additional incentive for registered SnapperMail users to trade up to ChatterEmail, we will be offering a $10 rebate to all registered SnapperMail users who purchase ChatterEmail between July 15th, 2006 and August 1st, 2006.

To take advantage of this offer, simply purchase ChatterEmail+ or the ChatterEmail EX Bundle at the regular price and send proof of SnapperMail purchase to paypal@chatteremail.com (some documentation from the Snapper folks will suffice). This rebate is only valid for users who purchase ChatterEmail on the ChatterEmail site at www.chatteremail.com.

ChatterEmail offers a large number of advantages over SnapperMail, including:

* True background operation
    * Full asynchronous operation (works while you do; no progress bars!)
    * Full IMAP/POP3/SMTP support
    * SSL support (including background SSL; no other Treo application can do this!)
    * Direct Exchange Email Sync (with the EX plugin), including meeting accept/decline and full attachment support
    * True push for compatible IMAP and Exchange servers (Exchange push on Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, and Rogers at this time)
    * Innovative "Summary" view
    * Full HTML rendering
    * Multiple sending "profiles"
    * Active (perhaps hyperactive) development
    * World-class, personal support
    * Direct-to-SD message and attachment saving
    * Filtered mailboxes (IMAP)
    * Full email address auto-complete from contacts AND most-recently used
    * Wide variety of notification options (including individual tones per mailbox)
    * Free upgrades always (see the full policy on the website for details; SnapperMail major upgrades are few and very far between, and can be costly)
    * Repeatedly voted favorite Treo email application in TreoCentral polls
    * For new users, far less expensive ($39.95 vs $59.95 for IMAP/SSL/SD card support, all of which are standard in ChatterEmail)

For a full competitive feature matrix, see...

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=43&Itemid=89

Marc
    Chatter is the best...keep it up Marc!
    That kicks *ss, but I already own Chatter. So you folks know, Chatter out does any Email app, of course thats MY findings . Marc, just keeps kicking Snapper in their Huevos...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    NOW you do this! AGGGHHHHH!!!!

(ex-Snapper user who registered a couple weeks ago...)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have Chattermail turn off syncing for Contacts and to only sync calendar and retrieve mail? I do not want my personal Contacts to be downloaded to the company server.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralerner
    Is it possible to have Chattermail turn off syncing for Contacts and to only sync calendar and retrieve mail? I do not want my personal Contacts to be downloaded to the company server.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Chatter$ $syncs$ $emails$ $only$. $It$ $doesn$'$t$ $sync$ $Contacts$ $or$ $Calendars$ $at$ $all$.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Long ago, after repeatedly sparing with Marc regarding the Snapper vs. Chatter issue, Marc won me over. I have been a happy Chatter user ever since!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    OK, I downloaded following the directions and installed to my 700p. Here is the data from my log:
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\AR\Install\Chatter.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\AR\Install\ChatterExch.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\AR\Install\ChatterPOP3.prc
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\Handspring\AR\Install\ChatterUtils.prc

When I tried to start Chatter, this is the message I received on my device:
    Fatal Error - Chatter Email requires that the ChatterEXG library be installed on your Treo

Anyone have an idea what I may have done wrong? I restarted and tried again, same result.

I hoping this will work. I am a Snapper user who would like to use Chatter for work email (without disabling the Contacts and Tasks syncing like Versamail does).
  9.    #9  
    You didn't sync one of the files (ChatterExg.prc).

Marc
    Chatter RULES you will NOT go wrong with it or the GREAT support.
    Wife is not a huge fan of the name Marc so we are going to name our next kid Chatter
    -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I saw that file and installed it. Chattermail now works with my work Exchange server. I think that it either is not there or I missed the need to install that file in the documentation.