1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if I can use Palm Desktop to sync my contacts and sync my calendar with outlook? Basically I'd prefer not to put my personal contacts into outlook but want my work calendar on my phone.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    i'd go to Palm's support website. I remember reading a tutorial on how to do precisely what you're asking but I don't remember the specifics. But definitely easy to find over there...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15
    i'd go to Palm's support website. I remember reading a tutorial on how to do precisely what you're asking but I don't remember the specifics. But definitely easy to find over there...
    The VERY BEST program out there for doing this is by www.chapura.com and is SwitchSyncEX. You can specify what you want to sync and it is wonderful. I have used it for years since the original Treo 180. They provide excellent support but you do have to purchase it. I know of no freeware program that does the same thing. Personally I would check the chapura website and save yourself some reading time. It is really the only way to fly as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by rblack
    Does anyone know if I can use Palm Desktop to sync my contacts and sync my calendar with outlook?
    I thought it just worked for me. I was installing Palm Desktop (included on my Sprint 700p CD) over an old version that had chapura, but the conduits are definitely different now. It seems pretty seemless now.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I use Beyond Contacts for Outlook syncing and Palm Desktop for 20-25 contacts, and it works well, even syncing the contact databases from both BC and the Palm Desktop.