1.    #1  
    The building I work is very hard on cell phone signals. Not just my phone/carrier, but all phones/carriers. So my new 700p is constantly picking up and dropping the signal.

Problem is, that every time it picks up or drops a signal, it freezes for a few seconds (feels like 20, but it's probably 4-5). This is aggravating when I am sitting in my office trying to accomplish some task and I have to sit there and wait for it to drop / regain the signal before I can complete my work.

I am more than happy to have it stop searching for a signal while I am in certain parts of the building. But when I am in those parts of the building, the phone is almost unusable because it picks up and drops so often (even when I am not moving).

I know I could turn phone mode off in my 600 -- is there a fix / work around with the 700p?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit2
    I know I could turn phone mode off in my 600 -- is there a fix / work around with the 700p?
    You can still turn the phone mode off and on by pressing and holding the red key on the upper right.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    Awesome! Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yes, yes, yes. This is very sucky. Don't understand why my phone has to freeze up for so long every time signal fades or is acquired. I smell firmware update needed...
    I had the 700w first before the p ( and now I am messing around with the q) and it does the same thing. In case you are wondering- the q sucks
    Must be the hardware. But I don't understand why, considering the 650 never did this.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    It also does this a lot (similar freezes) with SMS (on Verizon at least). I also think it does this when getting the voicemail signal from the network. See the "SMS lockup thread" in this forum.

The combination of the in/out of signal freeze and the sms freeze really makes this phone a lot less useful than originally thought ...