Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1.    #41  
    thanks everybody for your opinions. keep then coming!

    load, I understand what u mean. I hvent gotten my protectors yet, but I've been playin this game plan tycoon. I was addicted for a bit so my stylus was constantly dragging across the screen. well, when I tilt the phone at a certain angle, I can see one light scratch where maybe the stylus ran across it. I put the game on hold for now...its very light and you can't see it unless you're TRYING to....im a protector type of dude I see...

    peace yall thanks
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
  2. #42  
    I doubt the plastic tipped stylii could make a scratch on glass.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    Hard to imagine spending 3-500 bucks for a treo and then not using a screen protector. Oh well.... I see people using their treo without a protective case... just a matter of time before they drop it and then they're SOL.

    TEP Insurance is a blessing. I can't imagine people spending a few hundred on any smartphone with out getting it. But as for screen protectors? Thats a matter of choice and personal habit. I've used screen protectors on and off on my Palm devices and pocket pc's. The only time there was a scratch on my screen was when my son used a drywall screw as a stylus on my Casio Cassiopeia e-125. Screen protector wouldn't have helped then :-(

    But, back on topic, I was never satisfied with the feel with a stylus on a screen protector. And really dont like the change it makes to the visual sharpness of the 700p screen.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I doubt the plastic tipped stylii could make a scratch on glass.
    Actually they can. Happened to my old Sony CLIE SJ33. If a speck of dust that's just the right shape for scratching, gets caught on the tip of the stylus, that can scratch your screen.
  5. #45  
    ^agree. I experienced this on my Plam III - the only PDA i didn't get a screen protector for. I like keeping my devices pristine. I gave my son my 600 - he's so happy because not only is it a Treo, it looks brand new.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6. #46  
    Note that you can order the boxwaves off of amazon.com as well, and there's no reason to buy the 700p over the 650. A 3-pack of the Crystal Clear for the 650 is $19, the same three-pack for the 700P is $28! AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $are$ $the$ $exact$ $same$ $product$.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  7. #47  
    No they're not. The ones for the 650 used to come in the better packaged design. It had the two backings, one on the front meant as a positioning layer and the one on the bottom to protect the side that sticks to the screen. The kinds made like these are of superior quality and didn't have any problems like lifting at the edges after a couple of days. When the 700P came out, they released 700P specific ones that are designed like the three layer design the 650 version used to come in. The 650 version, once the 700P came out, was changed to have only the bottom layer that protects the side that sticks to the screen. These have been problematic for a number of people here. Most of the problems were related to the sides lifting after a couple of days.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    No they're not. The ones for the 650 used to come in the better packaged design. It had the two backings, one on the front meant as a positioning layer and the one on the bottom to protect the side that sticks to the screen. The kinds made like these are of superior quality and didn't have any problems like lifting at the edges after a couple of days. When the 700P came out, they released 700P specific ones that are designed like the three layer design the 650 version used to come in. The 650 version, once the 700P came out, was changed to have only the bottom layer that protects the side that sticks to the screen. These have been problematic for a number of people here. Most of the problems were related to the sides lifting after a couple of days.
    According to the Boxwave website, the 650 versions still have a "sticky" side...see here (scroll down to step 2 of installation): http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...43.htm#details

    I've just ordered another batch (as I can't find my other two I had in my last order, doh!) and will post on what I get vs the "old" one I've been using with the 650 for the past year.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  9. #49  
    I use the screen protector from TreoCentral...costs something like $15 for a pack of 3.

    Without a screen protector, sooner or later, you will end up scratching the screen. This is nearly inevitable...like having s&x without protection, you will eventually have a bad experience.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  10. #50  
    I've had Martin Fields on my 700 for the past few weeks and I have to say it's the best screen protector I have tried so far. And I've been thru a lot on my 650.
  11. daver42's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #51  
    I like the Palm Premium Anti-glare Screen Protectors. These are precut for the Treo. One side clings (not sticky) to the screen. Seems to work pretty well.
  12.    #52  
    thanks! bump
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by daver42
    I like the Palm Premium Anti-glare Screen Protectors. These are precut for the Treo. One side clings (not sticky) to the screen. Seems to work pretty well.
    How many do you get for the $12.99 special? (one? - the Palm site didn't really say)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions