Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    Hard to imagine spending 3-500 bucks for a treo and then not using a screen protector. Oh well.... I see people using their treo without a protective case... just a matter of time before they drop it and then they're SOL.
    well, you live and you learn. I sure did with my last one

im actually glad to hear that in those 4 years you havent had a scratch. i hope its like that for mine, too! for now though, I think i'll stick with the protectors. i feel safer

insurance is a blessing, but I still had to pay a $50 fee to get a replacement.
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    I use a screen protector for its basic function and to reduce the amount of dirt that gets on the edge of it. It is also in a case with a cover on it, it is always covered. Ben
    I take care of my things and my treo is without a scratch and I'm also using BSE. The screen is nice, but touching it doesn't bother me...its not like fingerprints are going to ruin it. Fingerprints can be cleaned away. Two other people I know have Treos and they worry about touching the screen and one has a screen protector and still doesn't like touching it...so pathetic, just use the damn thing.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #24  
    lol! that's funny
    Visit me at myspace:
    If you use the screen protector, you will rest easier. There are a lot of them out there and most are pretty good (and inexpensive). Some like the more expensive ones but I have not tried these. Someone mentioned a trick about getting rid of the bubbles which involved putting the Treo out in the sun for a while (until it warmed up a little) and that then the bubbles were easy to remove with a credit card. Haven't tried it myself though.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Been using the same Boxwave Cleartouch screen protector for over 2.5 years. I transferred it from my 600 to my 650 and then to my 700p. No residue at all. It was a good investment.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    I believe that boxwave screen protectors are better than the treo central screen protector. They are more transparent. They a clear. and Just better than the treo central screen protectors. Also they a cheap. But thats my opinion and I hope I don't spark a fight.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
  8. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm a "naked" Treo kind of guy. Using a skinned Treo or one with a screen protector just doesn't seem right. It's like sitting on your grandma's couch with the plastic cover on it.

Just use a cover to protect it while you're not using it
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l
    I'm a "naked" Treo kind of guy. Using a skinned Treo or one with a screen protector just doesn't seem right. It's like sitting on your grandma's couch with the plastic cover on it.

Just use a cover to protect it while you're not using it
    how long have you had yours? have you had any problems? thanks everybody
    Visit me at myspace:
    Boxwave ... Boxwave ??? Purchased from where?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Boxwave ... Boxwave ??? Purchased from where?
    Ummm... boxwave.com.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Not using a screen protector. In fact, I've never used one, not on my 300, 600 or 650. The dent in image quality, no matter how slight, is not worth it to me, especially when there's insurance that covers me.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I've never used a screen protector on my 650 and after a year or so, the screen is holding up pretty well.

I keep my Treo in my pants pocket but I keep everything else out of that pocket.

I have one small scratch at the bottom of the screen, but it does not bother me as I use the stylus less than 2% of the time.

I would say that if you are concerned about scratches, keeping a screen protector on would be a good idea.

Same as above, only it was my 600 and after about 2 years the screen is still 100% scratch free.
    I tried the included protector on the 700 but it sucked big time, and I ripped it off after 3 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Ummm... boxwave.com.
    Even though I don't sweat touching the screen. I am looking at the big picture and plan on keeping this treo for a while and need endurance protection. I am thinking of trying this due to my trust in EricJ testimony.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I am thinking of trying this due to my trust in EricJ testimony.
    Awwww, shucks... http://img.slickdeals.net/images/smilies2/blush.gif thanks man.
    Yeah I might use a screen protector too. I haven't decided yet. I know I'm going to use a BSE skin since its hardly like any other thick skin. I don't wanna any bulk added to my treo and its a good thing screen protectors don't do that so I'll probably pick one up soon.
    I have used my 650 for over a year with no screen protector. I keep it in my pocket all the time but I never put keys in the same pocket. I'm primarily a stylus user but I have no scratches on the screen. The paint on the case is scratched a bit but that doesnt bother me much.

I do wish I had a good way of cleaning all the oily dust that hides in the cleavage where the edge of the screen meets the case. Screen protectors don't help with that problem though.
    If you do choose to use screen protectors you might consider static cling plastic protectors. Static cling plastic uses no adheasive. It's essentially the same as the peice of plastic that comes with your Treo. I dont know if any screen protector companies use this but I do have a link of a company that sells 8 1/2x 11 sheets that you can cut yourself, (or even print onto).

http://www.papilio.com/inkjet static...ilm media.html
    Last edited by Tony_Ensemble; 07/23/2006 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems
    Boxwave has the pushiest, most condescending customer service department I've ever encountered.
    I bought one of Boxwave's sync cables that "reels" up - barely used it but noticed that copper wire was peeking out and it wasn't syncing properly. That's when I discovered Boxwave's warranty is so short you might as well not bother - and I gotta agree with you on their general tone of customer service. Basically the thing was poorly constructed junk, but it wasn't cheap.

I've since used similar cables from other brands, and though I've been less than impressed with the "reel" type models, Boxwave's was the only one that showed copper and stopped working properly. Don't know if that reflects on the quality of their screen protectors, but once bitten twice shy - I'm staying far away.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I've gone on and off with screen protectors for years. The first one I used was the Concept Kitchen one circa 1997, which had a coating that was supposed to make it "more responsive" like writing on paper or something. Unfortunately, the sandpaper-like texture also did a good job of shaving down styli.

Lately on the Treo with its limited real estate and placed in a holster I tend to go with a naked screen. Fitting the protectors perfect is a high art, it tends to reduce responsiveness, and I figure if I mess up the device so badly it wrecks the screen I'd rather pay the $50 deductable for a clean insurance replacement at that point. Sometimes the psychological comfort that comes from thinking you are "protected" leads you to being more vulnerable from carelessness. If you live with a naked screen, you tend to be more careful.

HOWEVER - if you do a lot of stylus-inspired gaming, working with programs that tend to require drawing in the same place a lot, use your treo in dirty environs, etc - then perhaps a screen protector is more appropriate than not.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast