1.    #1  
    I got an email from Dataviz; DtG upgrade to v8 on sale for $19.99 until the end of July. Anyone see compelling reasons to upgrade from v7 to v8 (currently using PalmPDF for PDF support)?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stoobie-doo
    I got an email from Dataviz; DtG upgrade to v8 on sale for $19.99 until the end of July. Anyone see compelling reasons to upgrade from v7 to v8 (currently using PalmPDF for PDF support)?
    If you're going to upgrade your unit to 700p (assuming you're not yet), then you should wait because it's already bundled with 700p.

I used v7 with 650 (which is already sold) and am now using v8 with 700p. Perhaps I'm not one of those 'power' users, I don't see much of a difference except the additional PDF support which is great. However I found a couple of PDF's that could not render in DocsToGo but was able to using PalmPDF 1.3. So I'm still keeping PalmPDF in case I run into the same situation again.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    I'm with Cingular... not sure when the 700p equivalent will show up for us (what? WM? not unless I have to). So this will be running on the 650.
    Since you've used both versions - any features besides PDF viewing that you use?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stoobie-doo
    I'm with Cingular... not sure when the 700p equivalent will show up for us (what? WM? not unless I have to). So this will be running on the 650.
    Since you've used both versions - any features besides PDF viewing that you use?
    I use most of the features provided by both versions. But as I said I'm not a 'power' user so most of the time I'd open up and view the docs. I do editing sometimes with Word docs and basically it. So personally other than the native support of PDF, v8 doesn't benefit me too much.

(This is the link for the detail description of v8.)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I upgraded and like what I got. The built-in app is good and there is a "free upgrade" available that I installed. I then did the upgrade to the "premium" edition which gives me an integrated dictionary and thesaurus. I really wish the ones I all ready had (PocketLingo) would integrate. Oh, well. Anyway, DTG works well on my 700p and has been used four times.

Ben