View Poll Results: What skins program do you use / prefer for your treo?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • PalmRevolt

10 33.33%
  • SkinUI

15 50.00%
  • Other

5 16.67%
  1.    #1  
    Now that PalmRevolt and SkinUI has been out for sometime now I would like to know what everyone uses. Here is my take on the two skin Programs

PalmRevolt:
    Simple to use. (Not alot of extra features) Skins are very nice and brings the treo to life.

SkinUI
    Alot of feature. There is some bugs in it. The skins to choose from are not that impressive (from the website). Importing the skins from PalmRevolt results is losing the highlighted graphics (needed for 5 way navigation). Requires removing alot of apps since it locks up the Camera, ChatterEmail, Pics&Video, Camcorder, and Kinoma.

I really like SkinUI because it has some great features but the bugs are killing me.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    SkinUI all the way! I love the animations and fade effects in the system, look so advance now ^.^
  3.    #3  
    The problem that I have with SkinUI is:

1.) When importing some skins from PalmRevolt I lose the ability to see what btn that has focus (ie OSX one).
    2.) When importing some skins from PalmRevolt the colors seem off and not as good.
    2.) The Treo does not seem to perform as fast. There is definate lag in the speed.
    3.) The Alert icon in the upper left does not always show up. Very Annoying!
    4.) Always have to add Apps to the ignore settings because various Apps freeze with this installed (ie Pics&Videos, Camera, Camcorder, Player, Chatteremail, etc)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have been using PalmRevolt for a couple months and and am pretty happy with it. I have no made the switch to SkinUI v2 yet but there does not seem to be as many skins available for it. I am happy with the stability performance of PalmRevolt so I am a bit relucant to switch.
    Just started with Palmrevolt yesterday, and so far so good.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    I just switched back to palmrevolt today. I would go back to skinui if they fixed the problems that I listed above. skinui has a ton more features but it is too slow and buggy.
    I was using SkinUI when I also ran into the camera problem. No settings seems to fix it. I didnt know bout PalmRevolt till I saw this thread. I now use it and am staying away from SkinUI until the problem gets fixed.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I too have to stay away from SkinUI. I found it yesterday, installed it and fell in love with the effects - more so than the skins. Too bad its buggy, I really love the transition effects.
    I tried SkinUI and found it to be too buggy, switched back to PalmRevolt which is fully stable except for occasionally losing my registration data. Re-entering is not such a big hassle, I keep a copy in Memo Pad now.
    just to wake up this thread, i just installed an havent had any issues so far after i block the effects on some programs
    i installed palmrevolt on my treo 755 and it seems to not activate after a phone reset
    i have to manually launch again

is palm revolt compatible with treo 755?
    I use SkinUI with the animations/special effects turned off (for performance reasons). It beats PalmRevolt hands down - the menu font enhancement does the trick. There are more skins for SkinUI than PalmRevolt as you can use both sets with SkinUI's import, whereas PRPRPR $will$ $only$ $use$ $PR$ $skins$.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I tried palmrevolt on my 755 and didn't find it very special. I tried a lot of skins and didn't like any of them much more than Palm's default.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I was a long time Palm Revolt user on my 700p/755p.. BUT with the release of
    the new version of SkinUI I made the switch... MANY MANY inprovements!!!!!!!!!its not buggy at all on my 755P!!!!!! NO camera issues...ect...everything runs like it should with this NEW version...The animations opening and closing programs is incredible!! My 2 cents would be to give it a try, if you havent for a while.. I would put my money on you being pleasently surprised!!
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i installed palmrevolt on my treo 755 and it seems to not activate after a phone reset
    i have to manually launch again

is palm revolt compatible with treo 755?
    If memory serves me (and it never does ) there is a preference setting for restore on reset, as with many apps that run in the background.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    you are right there is a setting to restore after reset, good job, my friend said there is still an issue with skinui with the buttons when a call comes in or when u are on a call, have to push 5way to make the buttons bleed through