1.    #1  
    I haven't tested all the radio control apps out there, but most seem to be (for obvious reasons) designed to turn the radio back on. Can anyone suggest one that effectively keeps the radio off until I change the setting to do otherwise or manually try to turn it back on?
    If you only want to turn the phone on/off only occasionally (ie. keep it off for long periods of time), you don't NEED any software.

Just turn it on or off manually!! (Keep it simple!!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urinal_Cake
    If you only want to turn the phone on/off only occasionally (ie. keep it off for long periods of time), you don't NEED any software.

Generally my radio turns back on by itself. I think it's supposed to remember the last state it was in after a reset but I want something that prevents the radio from turning back on at all even after a reset. Yes, your suggestion sounds good and my question a bit silly when I did not preface that I want it to survive that state after a reset. Does your stay off after reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urinal_Cake

Do I want to know what a urinal cake is?
    You could take out the sim chip,but don't loose it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Do I want to know what a urinal cake is?
    Hehehe ... you know, when you go to the men's washroom ...

Now, in terms of keeping the radio off, have you tried Phone Technician. I use it to turn phone on and off daily, but you could try to set it so that it turns on at 12:01am, then set it to turn off at 12:02am. That way, the phone will only be on for 1 minute, then off the rest of the time.

But, not sure if these settings will survive a soft rest ...
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies. It sounds like not much out there to just keep radio off. If anyone else has a reliable suggestion, I'm all ears. Taking out the SIM card seems like a possibility, though...
    I'm not sure why you would want your radio off permanently. Why else would you want a Treo and not a standalone Palm?

Anyway, you can assign a macro with Macroplay to turn on or off (it will do whichever depending on whether it's currently on or off). Macroplay isn't freeware so removing the SIM is probably the cheapest and easiest way.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Radio State may be what you're looking for. If the Treo resets, it sets the radio to the same state as before the reset. But it won't automatically turn the radio off after you check email or make a phone call. I'm not aware of anything that will do that.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Profiles.
  11.    #11  
    Is there a description of how to take out the sim card anywhere? I took out the battery to look around, but can't see any access to the card...