1.    #1  
    I have looked all over for this (unfortunately every thread deviates SOO much from the original topics I get lost!). I understand that IMAP has more features but this is my question:

What senareo will drain my better more:

GMail forwarded to AIM to TREO (IMAP)
    Work Account to TREO (IMAP)

OR

GMail to TREO (POP3) (QSync 5-10 minutes)
    Work Account to TREO (POP3) (QSync 60 minutes)

Options turned on:
    -Disable Chatter While Roaming
    -Disconnect if all mailboxes offline
    -Efficient Sync

Is there anything that I need to do to increase the battery life more? I dont see how to use the SMS update for either IMAP or POP3 since I dont see how I can get an SMS whenever an email comes in. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if this was discussed already.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    What I did was forward a copy of all emails from my POP3 to my SprintPCS account which allows the SMS to be sent. I think just pulling when mail has arrived (vs every X minutes) saves the battery. I do have the QSync set for 90 min just in case I miss an SMS though.
  3.    #3  
    is that the only account that does SMS? I keep hearing about people using it but I dont see how to implement it. is SprintPCS Account an IMAP account?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    GMail forwarded to AIM to TREO (IMAP)
    Work Account to TREO (IMAP)

OR

GMail to TREO (POP3) (QSync 5-10 minutes)
    Work Account to TREO (POP3) (QSync 60 minutes)
    First of all, IMAP can be set to "push" (or "online") or QSync.

You may want to do trial-and-error and find the best combos.

A couple of things:
    Option - Disconnect if all mailboxes offline
    Comment: this would only work if you set all the mailboxes QSync. If you have a mailbox set to push/online, you will not benefit from this option.

Option -Efficient Sync
    Comment: this option would work if your mailbox is a push/online one. That is it has no effect on QSync boxes.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    is that the only account that does SMS? I keep hearing about people using it but I dont see how to implement it. is SprintPCS Account an IMAP account?
    SMS triggering works best if you have a lot of SMS/text msg allowances in your account. It won't work for me as I have to pay for every SMS sent and received. Having said that, I don't know if SMS triggers have any advantage over normal IMAP push except in the scenario when your email account does not support IMAP (e.g. you want to simulate 'push' on a POP only account. In this case you set up your POP account to send an SMS to your phone whenever there's new email. Once the SMS reaches your Treo and Chatter intercepts it, it initiates a QSync).
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    SMS triggering works best if you have a lot of SMS/text msg allowances in your account. It won't work for me as I have to pay for every SMS sent and received. Having said that, I don't know if SMS triggers have any advantage over normal IMAP push except in the scenario when your email account does not support IMAP (e.g. you want to simulate 'push' on a POP only account. In this case you set up your POP account to send an SMS to your phone whenever there's new email. Once the SMS reaches your Treo and Chatter intercepts it, it initiates a QSync).
    Yeah but how do you configure an email account to do that. Take GMail for instance. How do you configure GMail to send an SMS.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Yeah but how do you configure an email account to do that. Take GMail for instance. How do you configure GMail to send an SMS.
    I believe you put your sms address in the forwarding section of GMail (or any mail provider that you use). (For example, for VZW it's [phonenumber]@vtext.com). Someone who has experience with SMS trigger might want to fill in if I'm full of crap.
  8.    #8  
    I thought that if I did that... it would forward the ENTIRE email to my phone through sms.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I thought that if I did that... it would forward the ENTIRE email to my phone through sms.
    I have no clue here (for GMail). I know there's an option in Fastmail that allows sending an SMS (in addition to simple forwarding). It can do these:

1. SMS Summary
    2. SMS Squeezed Summary
    3. SMS Subject

After that in Chatter you can set up SMS triggering by matching certain characters.

Perhaps you may want to start a new thread either in TC or in the forum section of ChatterEmail on this subject. Also, you may want to email directly to Marc.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <moved>