Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    The PalmStore just told me they will have the 700p compatible unit tommorow...

Does anyone have any details and/or like the one for the 650???

Scott
    What? You mind posting a little more on this instead of assuming that we all know exactly what's on your mind?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    What? You mind posting a little more on this instead of assuming that we all know exactly what's on your mind?
    Ok,

Palm Store has had a Treo 650 unit for a long time. They announced that a 700p version is being released today.....

Does anyone know details or opinions on how the 650 unit worked
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys
    Palm Store has had a Treo 650 unit for a long time. They announced that a 700p version is being released today.....

Does anyone know details or opinions on how the 650 unit worked
    Sorry, I still don't get what it is. Would you mind posting a URL for it?

Thanks jamsys!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Sorry, I still don't get what it is. Would you mind posting a URL for it?

Thanks jamsys!

Goto http://www.palm.com/us/products/acce...s/peripherals/
    and look at the palm gps navigator smartphone edition (it wont let me give you a url)

They said they released it for the 700p today...

I just want to know if people liked the 650 version and what gps module they used
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Seido has a unit as well. I haven't ordered one, but want to. Mainly for the speaker capability etc. If anyone has any experience with either or and care to share your thoughts, that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys
    Goto http://www.palm.com/us/products/acce...s/peripherals/
    and look at the palm gps navigator smartphone edition (it wont let me give you a url)

They said they released it for the 700p today...

I just want to know if people liked the 650 version and what gps module they used

Only see it for 700W...do you see it for 700P?
    Looks very interesting. I guess the "PC World Best Products of the Year" label next to it is referring to the Treo if the product is just being released. Strange that Palm would do this.
    Um...... Isn't that just tomtom 5 with a ****ty gps receiver?
    It looks like its just a bluetooth reciever and a suction cup holder. In another recent thread I posted what I found to be the best current bluetooth gps reciever (i think it was model BT-359) Anyway its $150 less, and it gives you the freedom to try other software (I think Mapopolis has a free trial SD card you can order)
    Yeah. That's the same GPS solution they've been selling. It's TomTom and a bluetooth GPS receiver with a suction cup holder and a power adapter that powers both the Palm and the GPS receiver. Works great with my T5 but I haven't tried it on the 700p yet.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Any reason this would be better than the Seidio 4850 bundle?
    Quote Originally Posted by cflynt
    Seido has a unit as well. I haven't ordered one, but want to. Mainly for the speaker capability etc. If anyone has any experience with either or and care to share your thoughts, that would be great.
    I use the G2350S and am very hapy with it so far after 14 months or so of use.

There's full reviews here on the TC site fpr the 2350 and 4850 in the reviews section. Note the speaker version is not compatable with GSM phones. The author, as well as myself, find the speaker redundant as the Treo volume is just fine.
    If Jack or anyone can answer this, would be much appreciated. I also have Treo 650 Cingular and am thinking of getting G2350s:

When a call comes in or I place a call, can I still get VISUAL directions from the Treo/G2350s/TomTom if I manually return to the TomTom application while on the call, or am I forced to drive entirely blind anytime the phone is being used as a phone?
    I've been using that for about 1 mo with my 700p. Only 3 issues:
    1. Treo reboots if Navigator is started with Bluetooth off. It asks if it should be turned on, click OK, reboot. Since 700p will not mount SD after reboot, eject/insert SD, then Navigator starts automatically. Just make sure bluetooth is on before running Navigator and no problem.
    2. The option Call Number does not work (No number found message but it shows the phone number).
    3. It has problems connecting to the network to download traffic/wx/etc. The first time Navigator opens if the Treo shows "connecting to Power Connect" or whatever, it works. After than sometimes it does, sometimes does not. Exiting the app, browsing the net, and opening it again twice in a row seem to fix the problem (have not tried anything else to troubleshoot).

An not an issue but an observation with TomTom, the maps are not particularly accurate and incomplete. My Magellan had excellent maps, it seems Garmin does too (a cursory look at a friend's iQue).
    Here's a review of the Tom Tom smartphone edition:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...dition-review/