1.    #1  
    do i need a router to have this work on my t650
    No. Ultimately all data is pointed at the modem, it makes no difference if there is only one host or more. Well there is, because of the nature of NAT, but that's beside the point. Short answer: no.

EDIT

But I highly recommend you install one. A hardware firewall at the very least...

Try this thread for pointers:

Setting up PalmVNC
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  4.    #4  
    this is what i get in the palm vnc console

Opening the network...skipped
    Connecting to ***.***.*.**:5900...
    ConnectToTcpAddr: cannot connect
    Unable to connect to
    "**.***.*.**":5900
    ERROR: cannot connect to
    ***.***.*.**:5900

what am i doing wrong? i dont have a router,i think thats it...is the ports i need to change on the router?
    this mean it's not getting to your computer, either you have entered the wrong IP address or if you have a router, you haven't forwarded port 5900 to correct desktop with VNC server software running.
  6.    #6  
    ok.... i dont the 5900 ports on my norton or windows firewall, its on the router right?
  7.    #7  
    looks like i need a router... i see that i need to change the ports in the inbound traffic
    If you have only one computer, you don't need a router.
    You don't need a router. You said you have a Norton firewall on top of the Windows firewall right? First off, get rid of the Windows firewall, no Microsoft branded security products have ever brought about any good. Next open up port 5900 on Norton, and if you want to be able to use the java based web client, open up 5800 too.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    You don't need a router. You said you have a Norton firewall on top of the Windows firewall right? First off, get rid of the Windows firewall, no Microsoft branded security products have ever brought about any good. Next open up port 5900 on Norton, and if you want to be able to use the java based web client, open up 5800 too.

thanks fronzencode.... but how do i get to the settings to change all this with norton