1.    #1  
    All,

I have been a ardent user of Ultrasoft Money for many years and have not seen an update in many years. Does anyone know if they plan to develop an advanced platform for the Palm or is this the end of the line. The nice thing about this program is its ability to interact with Microsoft Money nearly seamlessly. The program is getting long in the tooth and I can get no real direction from their website. Does anyone have any information one way or the other?

Regards,

Jim
    I've been wondering the same thing about PMT xl. Still love it though.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    What do you mean by long in the tooth? What other features do you want? I use the program everyday several times a day. I love it. Best part... IT WORKS!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    A couple of months ago, I had sent a few suggestions to Ultrasoft for enhancements and they replied that they could consider these in future.
    DrCJ, I'm a big fan/user of Ultrasoft Money also. I use it all the time, much more than MS Money. It kind of bothers me that they still show a Tungsten T on their site.
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    They have updated each year if the new version of Money is incompatible with Ultrasoft Money. The program works great, not sure what else they could do to it.
    I think that their last major upgrade was about 8 months ago. It is the best program out there by far.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    What do you mean by long in the tooth? What other features do you want? I use the program everyday several times a day. I love it. Best part... IT WORKS!!!
    Perhaps it was not the right use of words! The last major program update was in July,2005 and the next upgrade was in July, 2005 with the very latest version 4.3.2 in May, 2006. Personally, I love the program as well but it has been a long time since any major updates. Budget seems to be quirky at times. The other reason for my original post is that the new version of Money 2007 is available. You are right in that the best part is that it works.

Regards,

Jim
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    They have updated each year if the new version of Money is incompatible with Ultrasoft Money. The program works great, not sure what else they could do to it.
    Some interface changes would be nice and a tweak of the budget module would help also. I agree that it works great. The last upgrade to the program came in July last year when Money 2006 came out followed by a small update a week later. The last minor revision was in May, 2006. I was just curious.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I would like OTA online access to my financial institutions. Does it have that?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    I think that their last major upgrade was about 8 months ago. It is the best program out there by far.
    I think it is the best too! Actually the last major upgrade was one year ago. The newest version of Money 2007 is now available and I was curious as to continued development. It would be nice if they did. I do not see any mention of the new version in their forums.

Regards,

Jim
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I would like OTA online access to my financial institutions. Does it have that?
    No OTA access is available. That would be really sweet because I know some people who use it as their ONLY financial management tool. Personally, I need something like Money or Quicken for the PC in order to make my taxes and reporting to the accountant more sane each year. I would be delerious with envy if I could do all my management OTA and on the T700 with no other input. It is a great program and OTA would send it over the moon. My feeling is that the security features of on-line banking would be problematic as they are with some banks with either Money or Quicken.

Regards,

Jim
  13.    #13  
    Just got a nice note from the people at Ultrasoft. They are aware of the update to Money 2007 and will be releasing a compatable version. They were not able to give a timetable for release or details of a release. The final sentence in the e-mail was to the effect that if you installed MSM 2007, you should uninstall and reinstall 2006. Sounds like it may be a while before the release. Fingers crossed for new feature like OTA data and the like.

Regards,

Jim