Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance for those who reply.

I just purchased Phone Technician 2.5 (PT) and notice that it has a "sound boosting" function.

I have used Volume Care (VC) previously but thought it was buggy, confusing to use, and created a lot of static. So, I stopped using it and put up with the Treo's low volume.

I am excited about this new sound boosting function in Phone Technician, but am reluctant to use it if it has the same problems I encountered in Volume Care (such as being buggy, causing resets, and creating lots of static when the volume is increased).

Please, if anyone is using the sound booster in Phone Technician, please post your experience. Does it work well for you?

Thanks.
    I've been using it for a while and it seems to work very well. Much better than Volume Care ever did.
    I own Volumecare but do not use it on my 700P. I do have the Phone Technician and its volume boost works really very well - no distortion at all. Ok, my 700P is a lot better then my T600 I have used for 2 years in regard to the loudspeaker etc. ...
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21
    I own Volumecare but do not use it on my 700P. I do have the Phone Technician and its volume boost works really very well - no distortion at all. Ok, my 700P is a lot better then my T600 I have used for 2 years in regard to the loudspeaker etc. ...
    So are you usig Phone Tech on your 700p? Or did you just use it on your 600?
  5. iso
    Hi!

I have been using this sound booster on Phone Technician for some weeks, and it has performed very well in terms of boosting the call volume without creating any additional disturbing sounds.

No need for Volume Care!

Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Urinal_Cake
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance for those who reply.

I just purchased Phone Technician 2.5 (PT) and notice that it has a "sound boosting" function.

I have used Volume Care (VC) previously but thought it was buggy, confusing to use, and created a lot of static. So, I stopped using it and put up with the Treo's low volume.

I am excited about this new sound boosting function in Phone Technician, but am reluctant to use it if it has the same problems I encountered in Volume Care (such as being buggy, causing resets, and creating lots of static when the volume is increased).

Please, if anyone is using the sound booster in Phone Technician, please post your experience. Does it work well for you?

Thanks.
    it should work fine. Other apps are now supporting volume boosting and dont need volume care. VC is very confusing app and it never really work the way it suppose it. the interface could use some major work and at $20 its way too much for what it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    So are you usig Phone Tech on your 700p? Or did you just use it on your 600?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was using VolumeCare on my T600 but now use PT on my T700P.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks everyone. I am now confident in giving Phone Technician's Volume Boosting a try. Will report any problems that I encounter.

If indeed Phone Technician is better than Volume Care, people should be made aware of this!! I don't think many people know that PT has a volume boosting function.

SPREAD THE WORD!!
    I tried PT this morning and went back to Volume Care this afternoon. Without VC, the ringtone just isn't loud enough, even on 7. I missed a couple of calls, so I went back to VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8
    I tried PT this morning and went back to Volume Care this afternoon. Without VC, the ringtone just isn't loud enough, even on 7. I missed a couple of calls, so I went back to VC.
    Of course - PT does NOT increase volume on the ringer side - only the speaker volume when you are on a call. I have no need for a louder ring as it is just fine the way it is now for me (first vibrating and then the ringer escalates the volume).
    Quote Originally Posted by burnBabyburn
    btw, Lightwav PRO mp3 ringtone manager has volume boosting too. Unlike PT lightwav is a full ringtone manager with custom contact ringtone, full screen jpg pictureID, callerID blocking and more. you can purchase on T/C online store or check out their website www.toysoft.ca
    The only problem is that Lightwav is buggy garbage that's barely supported by the developer.
    Well..I tried (actually own) all 3 programs (mRing, RingoPro and LightWav) and LightWav is the only one that works. I had trouble with it this morning, as I first installed it, but had my problems sorted out after a couple of emails with the developer.
    Try Phone Technician. It's the only one that hasn't caused any resets for me at any time.
    Hmmm... I use VolumeCare for long time and no problems so far. I am not even sure should I try something else... Increasing ringer volume is a vital function in Treo as its speaker pretty silent and if it lays on a soft surface it is silent even more!
    I used VC for so long, I never knew what a Treo sounded like without it. After reading about PT from this group, I decided to disable VC and give PT a try. I was very impress by the sound quality, even with the boost, from PT. I never knew my Treo sounded so good.
    so this is working on the 700p??
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    so this is working on the 700p??
    i also found VC to be too complicated and overblown for what I needed. I stumbled upon PT while looking for a good program that would automatically turn the radio on/off and the volume booster is perfect for me - I just needed that little bit of extra ear volume - not all of the bells & whistles that VC has. And the price for all of the features PT has can not be beat! However, easy conference does not work for me on Sprint - Rob knows this, but I can just as easily use the Sprint 3-way calling service.

(I use, and love, Butler also).
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    LOVE Butler as well. It's the first program I reinstall now.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    (I use, and love, Butler also).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The only problem is that Lightwav is buggy garbage that's barely supported by the developer.
    And the developer posts here as burnBabyburn nowadays pretending to be an average TC member. Ah...looks like it's finally been taken care of. It's not the first time Toysoft's done it either...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=toysoft
    Last edited by scottymomo; 07/25/2006 at 11:33 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast