1.    #1  
    I'm using Versamail and every few days I keep getting email that I have already downloaded and checked the box that says delete from server. Why am I still getting this email that should be long gone?
    Gmail has been doin some weird stuff for me lately too. I was getting mail from months ago instead of the recent stuff. I turned POP off and then turned it on for mail from now on and it seems to have fixed it. However, I am still getting old stuff on another account and Gmail doesn't want to send.
    Make sure you don't still have it in your "in box" on the server.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khakiman
    Make sure you don't still have it in your "in box" on the server.
    If I select the box to "delete on server" from within Versamail it should delete it off the server shouldn't it?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i don't think gmail allows it to delete from the server. what you can setup though is for gmail to archive or delete any message that's been extracted to your pop account.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    I've found that checking the box to "delete from server" in Versamail doesn't seem to do anything when deleting a message from the inbox. But, it I check that box then immediately delete the same message from the trash folder I'll get a pop-up message asking if I want delete from the handheld and server or just from the handheld. Tap "both" and "Update Server" pops up asking if I wish to update now, options being "OK" or "cancel". Tapping "OK" results in an immediate deletion from the server.
    I just started having this problem as well. Who is your email provider? Mine's Comcast.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoulart
    I just started having this problem as well. Who is your email provider? Mine's Comcast.
    Adelphia. I don't use gmail.
    Delete the accounts in Versamail and re-setup the accounts (preferably with different names). That'll clear out any corrupted logs etc.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A