1.    #1  
    There are many threads about syncing, but it seems a simple question is not answered anywhwere so maybe someone here can.

I was using Business Connection at work, but due to SOX laws, this is no longer able to run on desktop.

We use Microsoft Activesync on our server with DirectPush.

I see if I had a 700w, I could sync Contacts, Tasks, Calendar and Mail extremely easy with push.

However, I have not found one simple easy solution to do this with the 700p (Palm based).

Included Versamail included works with Microsoft Exchange Activesync, but does not Sync tasks, does not allow push and does not allow you to set up meetings.

Chatter only syncs email with its Activesync Exchange plug in.

So what I am asking is does ANYONE know a simple app that will do what the 700w and other Windows Mobile devices do out of the box... Sync to Microsoft Activesync run on a server....

Before I go to a w, I would like to know if anyone knows of an app for this or one on the horizon. With a few changes to Versamail it would be fine.

Thanks for the help. Or am I SOL.

Mike
    I too am looking for this software, for my 650. I think half the universe (at least that portion of the universe running PalmOS) wants it.

When I got my first T650, I tried Intellisync briefly. That's a redirector that sits on your workstation. But it didn't work well and I cancelled it. Now Nokia owns Intellisync so I don't know whether you can even buy this service anymore.

I'm waiting for Chatter's full PIM sync. Either that or I'll buy a TyTN when the prices come down.

I think you're SOL.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The only thing I can think of is for your company to get a server side program from Intellisync or Good. Other than that, the only solutions I'm aware of require a desktop redirector.

Joe
    There's a product that fits the bill but (and it is big but)

The site has been saying PALM OS coming soon since I first heard about it.

Maybe if more people asked about PALM OS version it would move up on their list.

www.emoze.com
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  5.    #5  
    So the 700w works out of the box... and the 700p has no way to do this.

Sad.

Waiting for w on Sprint now if thats the case
    In terms of activesync the "w" does tasks and direct push; don't think either creates meetings on the phone - the websites not clear.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...ctivesync.html
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...activesync.epl

However, personally, the "w" UI is not as easy to use as "p". I've only messed around with "w" and found that with START controlling everything even switching to speakerphone was clunky. Checking with another techy who switched from Treo 650 to Windows smartphone (not a Treo), he states the same thing. If you have chance check out 700w at Verizon. Would like to hear what you think.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    There is a product called Nexchange that is available at palmgear (I believe) for about $30. I used it on my 650 to sync with my exchange server OTA. It appeared to work on my 700p, but I got a lot of duplicates on contacts and calendar dates. It might have been something I was doing, but I just uninstalled it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I also tried Nexchange in a vain, doomed hope that This Would Be The Answer.

Learn from my pain. And stroths's pain too. Don't touch Nexchange.
    The developer of Chatter, Marc Blank, claimed in the past that he was working on an Exchange PIM sync solution for Palm OS that supports two-way push. Unfortunately, his beta release dates have come and gone. He no longer responds to questions regarding the release of his Exchange sync application. We can only assume at this point that the project is no longer under way or is experiencing major development problems.

With this, I contacted DataViz, who claims to be working on an upgrade to their RoadSync application for Palm OS which will offer full ActiveSync compaitibility with Exchange and the native Palm PIM databases. They expect an end of summer release. This product will NOT require a desktop redirector.
    I too search for this illusive pim-syncer.

Ditto on all the other failed attempts. Looks like Nexchange gave up trying.

Keep this thread up to going. I dont want to switch to the 700p or the Q.
    I added request to DataViz, so I am hoping they do offer something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    The developer of Chatter, Marc Blank, claimed in the past that he was working on an Exchange PIM sync solution for Palm OS that supports two-way push. Unfortunately, his beta release dates have come and gone. He no longer responds to questions regarding the release of his Exchange sync application. We can only assume at this point that the project is no longer under way or is experiencing major development problems.

With this, I contacted DataViz, who claims to be working on an upgrade to their RoadSync application for Palm OS which will offer full ActiveSync compaitibility with Exchange and the native Palm PIM databases. They expect an end of summer release. This product will NOT require a desktop redirector.
    Marc (Mr. Chatter) routinely (and patiently) responds to this question. Here is the thread to keep up to date on the status of the PIM functionality. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114933

It appears that he has subcontracted out a lot of the work to write the software for the PIM functionality so is not under direct control of the delivery date. Check out posts 42 through 44 in that thread.

I want it. I suspect Marc wants it more that me, as having a product like this makes it easier for him to eat and pay the rent and all of that boring stuff. Me, I won't starve if I don't have the PIM functionality.

That being said, let's see what DataViz gives birth to.

I suspect that this adventure (PIM functionality via OWA for the 650) is a non-trivial task for Chatter and DataViz.
    I have been looking for the same functionality. Emoze won't be SOX compliant either since it works similar to xpressmail and every other desktop resident "push" email. WM5 and Exchange SP2 are a pretty compelling combination. Its going to take a while for the Palm to catch up. BB connect for Palm Treo may be the answer but will still require lots of server backend. Tick... Tock...