1.    #1  
    I recently started using a bluetooth headset with my 650, a moto HS820 that i got pretty cheap. I like the concept, but I've found that this headset just plain isnt loud enough - however, when used with a blackberry its much louder.

So I'm wondering, is there a preferred headset for users on this forum? One that is adequately loud, and has other solid features? Is my headset no good, or is the 650 not good with bluetooth headsets?

I've looked at the Planktronics 650, which has an in interesting design, any thoughts on this one?
    My Cardio Scala 500 is almost painfully loud, if you let it. The Treo Wireless Headset (the old one, not the new ultralight one) was loud enough, but not as much as the Scala 500.
  3.    #3  
    Painfully loud is good, i want to be able to scale it down. I'm a paramedic, so I often need to overcome some decent background noise (i.e. lights, sirens, screaming radios, etc. etc.). Any other recommendations?
    Here is what I just posted in another thread:

Hello all:

Let me first of all say that in 99% of the cases with Bluetooth issues, I truly believe that the Treo 650 BT software is to blame.

That being said, I have tried so many different headsets: Motorola (horrible!), the Scala (fair), the NXzen (horrible!), Plantronics Discovery 640 (pretty good). Recently I was pretty interested in the Sony hbh-610 (with which I was using generic ear gels that I found at an electronics store, by the way), but found the headset to be not very comfortable. In addition, the DSP (Digital Sound Processing) on it was sketchy.

I then finally got a Discovery 645, which I really thought would be the winner. I was so wrong. It was an unbelievable POS---and I took that back. The battery time was horrible, the sound was not very good, and it would always lose the connection. Again, I don't totally blame Plantronics, I blame Palm and their poor BT software.

But before I returned the hbh-610 or the Discovery 645, I got a Plantronics Voyager 510. It did not have DSP, and was the cheapest of the three. I did tests with a friend on the phone and kept switching between the 645, the hbh-610, and the Voyager. Although the Voyager was not awesome, it won hands down for clarity, he told me. It also is quite comfortable, very loud in my ear, and has a good battery life. It doesn't have the DSP, and again it isn't awesome, but it is quite good. And to be honest, my range is about 10 feet with it as well! The BT headset will never be as clear as a corded headset, but I don't want to take a chance with the Treo's poorly constructed headset jack and then disable my phone. So I have found that the Voyager 510 is the lessor of any evils.

Hope that helps! Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason
    Magic Jedi
  5.    #5  
    What about the palm headset?
    I have used the Palm headset (the old one, not the new ultralight). It's pretty good. Ergonomically I like it better. The little hooky thingee that goes over your ear can be adjusted a lot so you can get a good fit. It's better than the Scala 500 in that way, in my opinion.
    I use a Jabra headset and its fine. the software on the 650 isn't very quick about connecting to the headset when I first turn it on or when a call comes in but once its connected, it works really well.