1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I dropped my Cingular Treo 650 and cracked the screen, now the web, e-mail, and text messages do not work.

The phone and PDA functions work fine. Cingular does not have a insurance plan like Sprint does. Any suggestions on how to go about getting repaired without buying a new one.
    They have 'em for $200 new now on their pages, maybe you can somehow talk them into letting you buy one of those and extending your contract.

I have my Treo (and cameras, laptops, computers, etc) on a Personal Articles Policy with my homeowners insurance. Better deal than any of the carrier's insurance.
    You could pick up a new screen from PerformancePDA.com and install it yourself or send your Treo to them to install a new one. As far as why this would make certain applications stop working, that's a mystery to me. Another option would be purchasing one off eBay....just make sure it's unlocked or non-branded GSM if it's not a Cingular version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn
    I dropped my Cingular Treo 650 and cracked the screen, now the web, e-mail, and text messages do not work.

The phone and PDA functions work fine. Cingular does not have a insurance plan like Sprint does. Any suggestions on how to go about getting repaired without buying a new one.
    Just to share a personal experience... I lost my Treo 650 (don't ask, won't tell). I had insurance on my number, but had heard that it didn't apply to the 650. Called up the sales folks and they suggested I be forwarded to the Lockline folks. Long story short, 2 days later, I had a brand new (not refurb), all parts included, 1 year warranty, 650. So if you have that insurance, give it a try. If you don't, you can probably get by with their $199 deal with extended contract. Oh, they told me that would cancel my insurance - for $50 and a new Treo, I guess I can find something else to spend my $3.99 a month on...

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com