1.    #1  
    When creating a new SMS the "Send" is the first one on the left. But when your in chat mode "Done" is the first one on the left and "Send" is 2nd. So I always end up hitting "Done" when in chat mode. GRRRR!!
    It does, however, automatically go to the send button when you push down on the 4way from the text to the lower buttons(done,send, smiley face & add). That never happened to me but i stay in "chat" mode so i guess that may be a reason.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    You are right, this is potentially annoying. However, the SMS app is a little smarter than you may realize. If the cursor is in the text area of an existing thread, hitting the down part of the 5-way has two possible outcomes:

1. If you haven't typed any text, pressing down on the 5-way puts focus on the Done button.
    2. If you have typed text, pressing down on the 5-way puts focus on the Send button.

If you are pressing right on the 5-way when the cursor is in the text area, then it will always put focus on the Done button. Hope this helps!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion. But I use the touch screen a lot for this so I only do 1 tap. Hope they fix this if they come out with a new update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    You are right, this is potentially annoying. However, the SMS app is a little smarter than you may realize. If the cursor is in the text area of an existing thread, hitting the down part of the 5-way has two possible outcomes:

1. If you haven't typed any text, pressing down on the 5-way puts focus on the Done button.
    2. If you have typed text, pressing down on the 5-way puts focus on the Send button.

If you are pressing right on the 5-way when the cursor is in the text area, then it will always put focus on the Done button. Hope this helps!
    Yup!! Very smart phone hehe....I like it the way it is.....

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    I think it's more annoying that "look up in contacts" is no longer an option when starting a new message thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    I think it's more annoying that "look up in contacts" is no longer an option when starting a new message thread.
    Am I missing something or does it automatically do this when you start typing in the name of the contact in the "To:" field?

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
  8.    #8  
    when you start typing the name it will start to look up names BUT it doesn't always work. You have to exit out and go back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    when you start typing the name it will start to look up names BUT it doesn't always work. You have to exit out and go back in.
    I've got a good number of contacts and I haven't run into any problems like that yet.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Weird...I've never had a problem with the automatic lookup when starting new txt messages....

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    I miss that you can lock a SMS chat like I could on my T600