1.    #1  
    It seems like a lot of folks like me (happily ignorant endusers) are looking for some way to make our Treos work like the latest iPods. Specifically, music, video, podcasts, etc. After exhaustive searches, downloads, hard-resets I put the challenge out there for all you developer types.

Who can make a single, killer app that has the ability to do all of the following:
    1. Sync with the iTunes folder (as set in the iTunes preferences) via HotSync.
    2. Hold it's own list of podcasts to sync; both via HotSync and OTA f)or unlimited data plans obviously).
    3. Play iTunes native audio AND video, and therefore podcasts.

Now that I put it all down -- I guess what I am looking for it a mobile version of iTunes for the PalmOS.

Any takers?
    Apple has not made its DRM (FairPlay) available to any third parties. However, Apple did supply a mobile Java version to Motorola, but this version is tightly tied to the Motorola hardware. As such, no one will take #3 of this up I'm afraid.
    #1 is handled by mOcean otherwise
    #2 can be handled with mOcean and a user-defined playlist in iTunes.

Currently, many people are using their Treos as media players happily via Pocket-Tunes, AeroPlayer, mOcean, Busker, etc. As such, I don't think any developers will want to throw their hat in the ring - there's little opportunity to make any money with those established competitors.

Sorry.

If you're a Mac user and want the details of how I sync iTunes and my Treo, I'd be happy to outline that. My user-experience is almost as seemless as it was when I used an iPod, and frankly, I'm happier now with my audio player than I was then.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Conrad. Two final questions for the group:
    1. Is there any media player that will play VIDEO podcasts rather than just audio (mp3, etc)?
    2. I have seen only one stand-alone media player -- meaning download podcasts (or whatever) OTA and that was a beta on these forums (forgive me for not finding that). Do any more established media players do this?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Depends on what video/audio format the podcast is in, but TCPMP should play most vodcasts...
    I would like to see tv shows that I bought on itunes on my treo 650
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    I download my podcasts with iTunes and sync them with my Treo via Missing Sync. Today I downloaded a video podcast today and was able to play it with TCPMP.
    I am trying to consolidate what I carry around everyday. In step one, my VZW 700p got rid of my TT. Step two is to find a Palm app to replace my iPod. mOcean looks very promising! I already purchased a 4Gb SD card to hold the music. Just need to try mOcean.
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW
    Has anyone been able to adjust the fonts in the iPod skin for pTunes to make them easier to read?

I like pTunes, and I like the skin, but gawd its hard to read.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    ^^ Huh? Are you using the same skin I have? Go to pTune->Pref->Skin Pref.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I would like to see tv shows that I bought on itunes on my treo 650
    You are never going to see any iTunes purchased music/video play on any non-Apple hardware.

You can, however, give Apple the finger by downloading the shows from a torrent site and play it with TCPMP.
    I tried the mOcean (trial period) and i should say it is impressive. I have to try synching it with iTunes though. Th only thing missing in mOcean is the Internet radio like in pTunes where i could stream my mp3 from home PC and listen on my Treo.
    PTunes -> Pref -> Skin Pref does nothing to alter the fonts of the iPod skin.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I download my podcasts with iTunes and sync them with my Treo via Missing Sync. Today I downloaded a video podcast today and was able to play it with TCPMP.
    I'm trying this but it is no 100% here. Though I'm only syncing MP3 podcasts I keep getting the "The handheld may not be able to play that format" in some podcasts. Did you experienced this? And BTW I don't know why MissingSync is trying to prevent syncing of some formats since pTunes plays almost everything.