Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    I got the dreaded "error message 3000 unable to connect to the Internet" about 36 hours ago. In paranetheses at the end it also had "0x713E." At first I just thought the network was busy. After an hour I grew suspicious. After a few hours I knew I had a real problem. I tried everything. Warm resets. Hard resets. I thought it might have been the sprint network. Especially after I saw a thread here on Monday about a guy saying he thought the network was down, but no one here agreed with him. And my wife's 650 had no problems with regular vision. So it seemed to be just me with my 700 p and power vison.

    I called Sprint tech support. Got to tier 2 support people. They had me do ##774 and ##3282 and also ##578270. Spoke to 4 different reps doing differnt things and, unfortunately, the same things....many times. No luck. They even "reset" my phone on their end, in their system. No go. They gave me a ticket # to bump it up to tier 3 folks who are out of Texas and apparently have a "don't call us we'll call you policy."

    Well, after 6 hours they had not called me. I was told they'd be back to me within 3 hours. So I called back to the tier 2 folks at 888-211-4727 from my landline so we could work on the treo. Finally we were going to do something different! Another kind of reset which completely wipes it out to factory condition. Wipes out all info including any programming done by sprint to set up your phone. It started with ##786 + dial and didn't involve using the reset button at all. It was all software.

    Once we did that it then allowed itself to be updated OTA. Now it is working again. No more error 3000! Just wanted to share that to help other folks in similar situation to avoid some of the grief I went through.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  2. #2  
    I had a refurb pull a 3000 yesterday after an ESN swap. All of the Vision provisioning info was missing. Had to re-enter it (username, pw, ha pw, primary ha, secondary ha).

    Worked like a charm after that
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    I had a refurb pull a 3000 yesterday after an ESN swap. All of the Vision provisioning info was missing. Had to re-enter it (username, pw, ha pw, primary ha, secondary ha).

    Worked like a charm after that
    I'm glad it worked for you that way. I had done that several times but it wasn't taking. I programmed those same things many times but nothing happened. It would just hang on the error 3000. Even after a hard reset. It was only with that ##786 hard reset did it work. Glad yours is up and running now too
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  4. #4  
    I've been dealing with this problem on my 700p that started 1 week after purchase. Mine seems to ghet the dreaded 3000 error when ever I install any mp3 ringer app. I've tried Ringo Pro, CallFilter, and one other that I can't remember. As soon as I uninstalled the app, the problem was/is gone. This was after numerous hard resets. I have not used a mp3 ringtone manager for 2 weeks now and have not had one 3000 error!
  5. #5  
    I also had this error. After more than 2 hours on the phone with Vision support, they were unable to solve the problem. My 700p is 3 months old.

    I was referred to Palm who is sending a replacement device.

Posting Permissions