1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    i'm going to purchase my first memory card for the treo 700p and was just verifying that these were compatible.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...V57172184_.jpg
    SanDisk SDSDH-2048-901 2 GB Ultra II Secure Digital Memory Card

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...BZZZ_SS50_.jpg
    SanDisk 2 GB SD Memory Card

would both of these work in the treo 700p? is one better than the other?
    I would go for the Ultra as it supposes to have faster reading/writing rate.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Both should work. The Ultra has faster read and write speed than the regular SD card from SanDisk. I would get the Ultra if I were you. Especially if you are transferring lots of video and MP3's from a PC to the SD card for the Treo.
  4.    #4  
    great, thanks guys.
    With the SD card you might take a bit of time to read up on file transferring. Look at what utilities to use, free/pay; method, USB/Bluetooth/card reader; and which method of transfer to use in specific situations.

I have not used a USB cable since early 650 days; I find Bluetooth to be handier, though not as fast. The 700p has not had a cable attached for use. If I have a lot of files or really big files to put on the card and time is a bit short, which is rare, I use a card reader.

The next thing after that is to look at utilities that make living with a SD card easier, such as a good third party launcher with built-in file management. Then look at all of those programs that make the SD card shine - pTunes, Docs to Go, gosh, there are so many of them. Do not hesitate to spend, spend, spend! It is fun.

Ben
    A note, try not to let your domestic bookkepper know what you are doing to mess up her books. The golden rule, do not ignore the domestic bookkeeper; if you do, your toys will be taken away.

Ben
    Last edited by bclinger; 07/19/2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Ultra II is the way to go. There is a noticeable difference in speed of access.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Not sure if the thread starter needs it, but ill put it out there for everyone. The Transend 4GB card is only $67 at new egg after $30 rebate.

I just ordered one last night.