1. jhb
    I searched, and went through the manual and online knowledge base, but am still having this problem and I cannot figure it out.

My 3 day old 700p (coming from a M505 and T600) is getting the problem with the error "unable to initiate hostsync operation becuase port is used by another application". I am not using a MAC, I am using XP, and as far as I can tell, I do NOT have bluetooth hotsyncing enabled, or at least, I shouldn't. I last synced to this same machine yesterday and at the time, uploaded some of the apps located on the CD that came with the palm. My machine may have been patched (work machine) but not sure how that would affect this either.

I do have some old software that came over from the T600, but cannot think how that has caused the problem. Can anyone help me please?

So far I really love the Treo (well, until just now). I do miss the float event float feature in the calendar app, but will have to go back to using the task list as I did on the M505. I find the keyboard much easier to use than the 600.

I also have TomTom navigator 5 and the TomTom GPS reciever, and love it. Very cool.

Now If Softick could just get the 700p cardexport II patch out they have been promising is just a week away...
    Make sure the hot sync manager is runnng, and in the hot sync manager that "local usb" is enabled. Also check the cable connection. Those are the main reasons for the problem you are experiencing.

As for Cardexport II - there is a free application, Palm File Browser - it supports Bluetooth and yes, it is free. Ben
  3. jhb
    I have done all you recommend before I submitted the question. This really has me stumped.
  4. jhb
    OK, I am positng this follow up in case anyone does a search and hits this thread.
    I had lots going in with my phone. I upgraded from the T600 software and had a bunch of apps that were incompatible, yet still got loaded. I was deleteing and moving them around, which may have caused this problem, though I still do not know what I did.

I also noticed once I fixed the problem that another error was occuring. My Hotsync cable also charges the phone through the USB port. That feature was not working either, the phone was not charging when connected.

So, to fix it I had to do a hard reset on the phone. Before I resynced, I removed the programs I could identify that were not working from the T600.

Graffiti anywhere and connectionMGr come to mind. It is working again and I only lost a day of data. I put this off as an upgrade issue.