1.    #1  
    I have had my 700p / Chatter for about 6 weeks with no problems. All of a sudden since yetsterday, the blue EVDO arrows on the phone screen are moving (indicating that EVDO is active). This only happens when the Push connection via Chatter is activated - when I disable the push connection it stops. The problem is that the constant use of EVDO is causing my phone to get red hot and drain the battery within about 2 hours on standby. What could be causing this all of a sudden? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind - I rebooted and it is now fine. Sorry.
    I have noticed similar issues. it seems like chatter will be calm for awhile and then some thing happens and it's all over the network connection. When that happens that's when I start seeing pauses and low performance.
    There is a known problem, on Verizon at least. The network loses or closes the data connection for some reason, and then Chatter (or whatever internet app you're using) tries to re-establish the connection. This can happen often, hence the battery drain. It's not Chatter's fault, really, but using push on Chatter exposes the network problem. I've given up push and gone to timed QSyncs because of it.
    Yuppers - I hope the developer fixes the problems.
    It's a CDMA problem that has existed since the days of...low signal strength/lost signal as the device tries to reestablish or get a better signal, resulting in increased battery drain. Here in paradise it can really be a challenge downtown where everything is crammed real close. There is not a cell company here that does not have reception problems to some degree in down town Honolulu. Ben
    Does 'Pref/Connections/No Data Connection if Poor Signal' not take care of this?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I have had my 700p / Chatter for about 6 weeks with no problems. All of a sudden since yetsterday, the blue EVDO arrows on the phone screen are moving (indicating that EVDO is active). This only happens when the Push connection via Chatter is activated - when I disable the push connection it stops. The problem is that the constant use of EVDO is causing my phone to get red hot and drain the battery within about 2 hours on standby. What could be causing this all of a sudden? Thanks.
    It would be great if you can generate a log and send it to Marc (the developer of Chatter) next time when it happens. I ran into a similar situation before and (I believe) my log helped him fix an issue. (I'm sure the issue that I ran into is fixed already in the latest beta btw so I am sure your problem is not related to mine.) Initially Marc didn't see the real problem but a day or two later he posted a fix.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    does anyone know of a way to determine what program is using the data system at any given time? I have something firing up and holding a data connection off and on. I have deleted some of the main causes in the past and now its back.