Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Recently I purchased Xiino for my Palm Treo 650. I am using the most current version (version 3.4.1E). For the most part, I have been very happy with the browser, except for one persistent issue I've come across. When trying to access one particular website, more often than not, Xiino causes my Treo 650 to reset (it happens when accessing a certain Treo forum -- NOT TreoCentral, BTW -- TreoCentral's forum has performed flawlessly). I have tried the following troubleshooting steps, with little or no improvement:

1. Deleting the cache, history, and cookies in Xiino.
    2. Uninstalling and reinstalling Xiino (making sure that all preference files have been removed before reinstalling, and soft resetting my Treo between the uninstall and reinstall process).
    3. Installing Xiino to internal RAM.
    4. Installing Xiino to the SD card.
    5. Deleting the Xiino3 folder on the SD card, as well as the folder contents (_VERSION._PS).

Aside from a hard reset, I have tried everything I can think of. I really do not wish to do a hard reset as all my other programs are fine, and Xiino only resets on this one particular web site. Unfortunately, it's a website I visit daily, and right now, since I can't reliably access it in Xiino, I've had to resort to going back to Blazer. I really like how quickly Xiino loads websites, but the resets are driving me up a wall!

I posted an inquiry to the problem on the other website's forum, but after nearly two weeks, no one has replied with any ideas. I was hoping that surely I am not the only Treo owner using Xiino that had come across this problem. I also wrote the developer, and am awaiting a reply. I did do a search within the TreoCentral forums, and found some good ideas (which were incorporated in some of the things I tried, listed above), but I haven't been able to find a permanent solution as of yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kim
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Has anyone had resets from ANY web browser you've used on your Treo? If so, were you able to fix it? And how? I really could use some help here, and I still have not as of yet received a reply from the Xiino developer.

Thanks,
    Kim