Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm trying to send some photos I took with the Treo as an email attachment but I keep getting an illegal attachment error "552 5.7.0". I've set up my Gmail account on Versamail and up until this error everything has been working perfectly.

I understand that some file types are not allowed to be sent with Gmail, but I am certain that .jpg is not one of them. Can someone please help me resolve this issue cause I'm about ready to strangle my Treo.
    Ok, I'm having this same problem. It appears to be a problem with the way Versamail is attaching images. I run my own mail server so I can check the logs, and this is what I find:

qmail-scanner[71272]: Policy:Bad_MIME_Break:RC:0(70.217.140.41):SA:0(?/?): 117.1574 418542 user@domain.com user@domain2.com Fwd:_Pic

and more logs...

Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:33:18 EST from@domain.com to@domain.com Pic Disallowed breakage found in header name - potential virus clamdscan: 0.88.1/1416. spamassassin: 3.1.1. perlscan: 1.25-st-qms.

Other email clients probably work just fine. Maybe its time to get into contact with Versamail...

NovceGuru