Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how can I get my treo to stop from being so choppy. It freezes for a couple of sec like several times a day. I hear its from versa-mail and you can help solve the problem by removing the app from your treo. How do I do this easily? I am not very treo savy like most here so please someone help. Its getting really annoying...

Thanks
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Generally, if the freeze happens while switching apps it is most likely one of 2 things.
    (1) a third party app is causing the problem
    (2) this is just an issue with a treo 700 that hopefully would be resolved with the first firmware update.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cuse7284
    how can I get my treo to stop from being so choppy. It freezes for a couple of sec like several times a day. I hear its from versa-mail and you can help solve the problem by removing the app from your treo. How do I do this easily? I am not very treo savy like most here so please someone help. Its getting really annoying...

Thanks
    I have the same problem, I am running chatteremail and that could be part of the problem. But like the previous post; palm will have to issue a firmware to correct these problems. I made a change to chatteremail and the problem seemed less severe today. It happened only twice today. But on other days At least 5-6 times.
    What OS version is currently on a new 700p?
  5.    #5  
    how do I get a firmware update?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CTreePO
    What OS version is currently on a new 700p?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cuse7284
    how do I get a firmware update?
    Complain to Palm and your cell phone provider. Eventually Palm will release an update on their site. You can then download and install.
  8.    #8  
    and in the mean time...?? there is nothing I can do?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I had this problem too, and so I did a clean sweep of my treo and now it works better.

1. Hotsync
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Find backup folder on computer and rename it.
    4. Hotsync phone (resets factory settings)
    5. Reinstall files one by one from backup folder, testing for freeze in between hotsyncs. Rule of thumb, you don't know what it is don't reinstall it. (lots of left over stuff can hang out and slow down your palm from old programs.)

Also update your Chatteremail to the newest beta, it has a fix just for the 700p, now it is lightning fast when switching in and out.

Good luck
    I have noticed those mini freezes that last only 2-3 seconds. It happens regardless of my current application. It's happened while using Datebk6, Snappermail, SMS, Blazer, and games, etc. I did the whole reset thing but it didn't help. Seems to be getting more frequent every day. Very annoying!
    I totally have this issue and its really annoying...

It freezes in almost any app for about 4 seconds all the way up to about 10 sometimes.. I think the phone is completely frozen and then it recovers and does the 20 button pushes that I did while it was frozen and I end up dialing someone...

PALM... WE NEED A FIRMWARE UPDATE HERE!

Reed
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i used to have a 650. now a 700, and WOW. there is a BIG difference. i wonder what that extra RAM in the 700 does anyways? not make anything faster, that's for sure
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I had this problem too, and so I did a clean sweep of my treo and now it works better.

1. Hotsync
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Find backup folder on computer and rename it.
    4. Hotsync phone (resets factory settings)
    5. Reinstall files one by one from backup folder, testing for freeze in between hotsyncs. Rule of thumb, you don't know what it is don't reinstall it. (lots of left over stuff can hang out and slow down your palm from old programs.)

Also update your Chatteremail to the newest beta, it has a fix just for the 700p, now it is lightning fast when switching in and out.

Good luck

I'm curious to try out the newest beta version of Chatter. What version is this exactly, as it seems to be more than one on Chatter's website. Also, I could not find any documentation that says Chatter's newest beta version is better for the Treo 700p. Can someone reply back with more information on this please? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  14. jjd
    I notice that my sprint 700p becomes unresponsive briefly when it loses cell signal and thinks about or does roam onto verizon. Sometimes it becomes unresponsive for 10-15 seconds. Often this is when I want to turn it on and it doesn't even react to the power button. I've noticed that this corresponds to when I'm in fringe areas and or areas where I know I lose my signal.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The first 700p I got was very "choppy" slowdowns, freezes, etc. It eventually suffered from data corruption and was replaced. The next one had a bad keyboard, and slowness, and was replaced.

The third one I got has not had the slowness, freezing etc. It is just working like my 650 did, quick and reliable.

I'm not saying this is definitely a hardware issue, but I have seen some 700ps that were exhibiting these choppy symptoms, and some that don't. I have had pretty much the same software on them, so who knows?

I wouldn't settle for this problem though if it is noticably stalling many times throughout the day. I would ask for a replacement or a refund. But thats just my opinion/experience.

I would hard reset, keep everything stock, and if it is still choppy, get it replaced. If not, then maybe it is software...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    If you are using Chatter, make sure you update to the new beta. That made a big difference for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    I notice that my sprint 700p becomes unresponsive briefly when it loses cell signal and thinks about or does roam onto verizon. Sometimes it becomes unresponsive for 10-15 seconds. Often this is when I want to turn it on and it doesn't even react to the power button. I've noticed that this corresponds to when I'm in fringe areas and or areas where I know I lose my signal.

i wonder if thats what causes mine also.
    problem is that im in a medical app, tapping on a function i need, and its doing nothing. i want to put the stylus throught the screen sometimes!
    I installed the latest version of ChatterEmail beta, but I still get the skipping problem playing music, and pauses playing movies through TCPMP. Do I need to disable Chatter first before playing these apps? Are others getting absolutely zero pauses/skips, or reduced? If anything, I think this skip/pause problem is reduced for me, but not eliminated. Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I installed the latest version of ChatterEmail beta, but I still get the skipping problem playing music, and pauses playing movies through TCPMP. Do I need to disable Chatter first before playing these apps? Are others getting absolutely zero pauses/skips, or reduced? If anything, I think this skip/pause problem is reduced for me, but not eliminated. Thanks, Casey.
    I would just disable chatter before utilizing any multimedia applications and then resume to normal when you are finished. I don't use chatter, but thats what I would do if I did if I couldn't get around the initial problems.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast