1.    #1  
    My GPRS connection doesn't work. I am using the exact config settings my provider (Vodafone) gave me. So all I have to work with is the Network Log:

Connect Log

LCP->CfgReq
    LCP<-CfgReq
    LCP->CfgRej
    LCP<-CfgReq
    LCP->CfgRej
    LCP<-CfgAck
    LCP<-CfgReq
    LCP->CfgAck
    LCP Up
    PAP->CfgReq
    PAP<-Ack
    PAP Up
    IPCP->CfgReq
    LCP<-TrmReq
    LCP->TrmAck

Not connected
    Well it looks like LCP negotations were fine, password authenticated, and the NCP protocol failed, I don't understand what you expect to get out of this that's not already there. There's not enough information. How about carrier, any 3rd party software which uses the Internet, custom network settings?

Quote Originally Posted by rrc124
    LCP<-TrmReq
    LCP->TrmAck

Not connected
    TrmReq and TrmAck sound suspiciously like "Terminiation Request" and "Termination Acknowledge"
  4.    #4  
    What I expected to get out of this is exactly what part of the "signon" failed so I could tell the Vodafone idiots. For instance, it looks like the server requests a termination right after IPCP->CfgReq. So I was hoping some genious out there knew what "IPCP->CfgReq" might be. I already googled it and got nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrc124
    What I expected to get out of this is exactly what part of the "signon" failed so I could tell the Vodafone idiots. For instance, it looks like the server requests a termination right after IPCP->CfgReq. So I was hoping some genious out there knew what "IPCP->CfgReq" might be. I already googled it and got nowhere.
    After a brief search on the web (this very problem has been discussed at T|C before (in 2002!), and MTDN and the palm forums), it looks like you have the wrong APN and/or GPRS config settings. Of-course, there could be something wrong at the carrier end too, for example, GPRS may not have been enabled for your number.
    It can't be a wrong APN, PAP negotiations succeeded. However, immediately after the NCP protocol is invoked, LCP calls for the termination of the link. I think the speculation above may be correct, perhaps GPRS isn't enabled for your number.

Sorry for the double post, I'm posting from my Treo, so I can't edit my post.

I forgot to answer your question, sorry. IPCP is a module in PPP communications which is responsible for setting up the network layer stuff on both ends. The CfgReq can be analogous to a DHCP client requesting an address from the pool.