Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As do mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    crappy. It's very slow when you dial keys and its drops calls like a nextel.
    Your credibility on this board is zero, zilch, nada, zip...............
    I think its great, the reception is really good, and I've had 1 or 2 drop calls since got it June 6th. I live in California, and don't have any problems with roaming or anything else. Recently I had to drive to San Antonio Texas from here and I had no problems, with my service, even on that long stretch of highway from El paso to San Antonio. Everything worked fine. The volume was also very good too. I had to use speaker phone on a few occasions, and was surprised at how well the other party could hear me with the phone sitting on the table. Once again, volume was great. I'm very, very happy with the 700 as a phone.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by SpriteGF
    I've had very good experiences with the Treo 700p as a phone (Sprint), coming from a Cingular Motorola V551 GSM.

However, I just have two problems with the Treo 700p:
    1. It does not show you how many voicemail messages you have.
    2. It shows the caller's phone number, but does not show the caller's name even if that person is in my address book.

Which is weird, since I would think the Treo would have something as basic as caller's name ID.
    no Sprint phone shows how many VM you have it is a Sprint thing

make sure you do not have a "1" on the numbers in your contacts list as that can cause not to match up besides all you will need to dial while in the US anyway is the area code and number at any time anyway.
  5.    #25  
    Thanks guys, sounds like the 700p is an improvement over the 650p then in regards to sound and voice clarity. That's good.

Has anyone used it in their Audi's with bluetooth?
    I have only used mine in my friend's Lexus. Worked like a charm!
    My wife's first Blackberry was a lousy phone - low volume that was just plain bad. She up'd to another one, also Bluetooth enabled and it was better. She said it was great. I gave her my 650 when I purchased the 700P and now both Blackberrys are gone. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by t4l
    The 650 was a so-so phone. The 700p is quite good. It's loud enough, the speakerphone works quite well. The sound quality is also quite good.

A dedicated phone might be better, but I have another Blackberry and the sound quality is terrible.
  8.    #28  
    Thanks all,

Maybe it's time to give Sprint retentions a call and see what kind of deal I can get on a 700p. I've got a 600, any chance I could use that in order to get some kind of discount, or is that too old to be worth anything ?
    My Verizon 700p works GREAT as a phone!
    Chalk up another positive- the reception is billions of times better than with my old phone, calls are clear and I think I've dropped one in the past couple of months.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    As a converged device; (i.e. PDA AND phone)...great!

Compared to a good, stand alone cell phone...not so great.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I love my 700p... but it just crashed in the middle of a phone call and I had to do a SR. I hate that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    does volumecare 5.46 work for the 700p?
    Absolutely it does!

Jeff
  14.    #34  
    Definitely looking like I need to give Sprint a call then and see what kind of deal I can get.

Again, thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Absolutely it does!

Jeff
    thanks a lot
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    For those that have the 700p, how is it as a phone? How is the sound quality and how is the volume? The 650 was only so-so as a phone, IMHO, and the volume was low.

Thanks.
    I used it only with the earbud or bluetooth, which worked wonderfully. I didn't particularly like the volume/quality while holding it to my ear.
    After being converged for over a year, I had to go back to a stand-alone phone. My new office is windowless and in the middle of a building. There, the T650 drops constantly drops calls and when it doesn't, there are gaps in the conversation. The Razr has none of these problems but I miss a single integrated device.

Is the 700P the answer to my problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgans
    After being converged for over a year, I had to go back to a stand-alone phone. My new office is windowless and in the middle of a building. There, the T650 drops constantly drops calls and when it doesn't, there are gaps in the conversation. The Razr has none of these problems but I miss a single integrated device.

Is the 700P the answer to my problems?
    It depends on the building and the coverage. You probably just have to give it a test run.
    The only thing is to maybe try the Q which is said to have similar reception to the RAZR. Were you on Sprint or VZW with the 700p?
    phone is highly unstable - better than the p but if you do 5000 minutes a month like me it doesnt cut it. I have been messing around with the motorola q for a few days and while it is certainly less robust as a PDA- the phone quality compared to the 700p or 700w can't even come close.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast