1.    #1  
    DragonEdit
    DragonEdit is in its release candidate stages. Everything in it is done and all known bugs are fixed. I need to release it to a wider range of test users though to make sure that all the bugs are out. I'd appreciate anyone's help in testing this on their device and telling me if they get an error and how they got it. If you get an error please give me a step by step process of what you did to get that error so that I can re-enact it and fix it.

What is DragonEdit?
    DragonEdit is a text editor and an HTML editor in one. Palm OS had not seen an editor this powerful, for web site editing OR just for plain old text.

Some key text-editing features: Unlimited file size support, plain text or DOC files stored in RAM or on a memory card, advanced find/replace, regular expressions, open multiple documents at a time, FTP support

To download DragonEdit, follow this link:
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/DragonEdit.prc

If you want to edit HTML, also download and install these databases:
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/HTMLTags.pdb
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/HTMLAttribs.pdb
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/JavaScript.pdb

If you have any problems/questions/praise/criticism/comments or whatever, please don't hesitate to post them in this thread, or send me an email: jehlke at student.umass.edu. I really appreciate any input, thanks!
    sounds cool. I don't have any need for document editing on my treo and notepad does everything I need, but I could see this being super handy.
    Some feedback:
    - All in all an excellent editor.
    - the 5-way nav order of the HTML editor buttons is wrong. "Insert>>" is selected by pressing right from the "break" button, but can not be reached by pressing left from the "link" button. Also, pressing up when the editing window is selected should move to the button bar, but it does not. only pressing left does currently.
    - there is no 5-way nav way of reaching the open documents dropdown list
    - Why is the default font so small when the buttons are so large? the choice of a small font implies that you expect the user to try to optimize screen real-estate. Such large buttons seem out of place as a result.
    - by the same token, the find/replace icon is very hard to discern
    - closing the last open document gives "Error 44:Charing violation"
    - there is no visual indicator that the currently open document (or any other document for that matter) is saved or has been modified
    - could you add a feature that gives the user full screen editing? something that hides the title bar and uses that space for a larger editing space?
    - could you add user definable font and background colors (light on dark color scheme may be more visible under certain conditions)
    - could you add a wrapped line indicator or an option to disable line wrapping?
    - could you add line numbers along the left-hand edge?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the excellent feedback.

-I'll fix this
    -This too
    -I'll set the default font larger then, probably to the 'thin' version of the standard font?
    -What would you suggest for this icon? That's what the Windows icon looks like. I may remove these as buttons and just place them in the menu
    -I'll look into this.. there are still a few bugs. Could you tell me step-by-step what you did that resulted in this error, since closing all documents doesn't always result in that error
    -Perhaps an asterisk * after or before the file name do denote 'dirty' (unsaved changes)
    -Yes
    -Yes, good idea
    -I plan on adding horizontal scrolling in the next revision. It's a decent amount of work so I don't think it will be in v1.
    -I don't think this is practical. That would take up a lot of screen space, especially when you get into the 1000's. I'll consider it for a later revision though.
    Quote Originally Posted by iebnn
    -I'll set the default font larger then, probably to the 'thin' version of the standard font?
    Sounds good - or consider shrinking the buttons

-What would you suggest for this icon? That's what the Windows icon looks like. I may remove these as buttons and just place them in the menu
    Just a large 'A->B'. The tiny letters and squiggly arrows are impossible to see.

-I'll look into this.. there are still a few bugs. Could you tell me step-by-step what you did that resulted in this error, since closing all documents doesn't always result in that error
    I don't have time to try and recreate it. I did this:
    - Opened app in TXT editing mode
    - made some changes (call this Doc A)
    - opened Doc B (a txt file from SD Card)
    - edited Doc B
    - closed Doc A
    - tried to close Doc B and got error

-Perhaps an asterisk * after or before the file name do denote 'dirty' (unsaved changes)
    Sounds good!
  6.    #6  
    Fixed the error you were getting.

Fixed 5way navigator support - now works with the document list, and the order has been improved.

Default font is larger now.

As for the other feature requests, I don't think they'll make it into version 1, but most likely in 1.1 (horizontal scrolling, better Replace icon, full screen editing, 'dirty' file indicator, etc). V1 should be released in a day or two.

Use the same download link as in the original post.