1.    #1  
    after over a month of hacked verichat perfection on my Sprint Treo 700p...today Verichat reset every time I received an incoming I'm. I have no idea who anyone was that im'd me today!
    The only software changefrom yesterday to today is, I upgraded to the latest 2Day beta last night. Is there any chance this beta would effect the hacked verichat prog? Any other suggestions? I have to rule out emailing PDAapps for support!!
    Last edited by firstbeat; 07/17/2006 at 09:56 PM.
    I wouldn't count on getting support from PDAapps regarding the *hacked* / patched version of VeriChat you were using.
  3.    #3  
    uhhhh....I realized that when I made my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    after over a month of hacked verichat perfection on my Sprint Treo 700p...today Verichat reset every time I received an incoming I'm. I have no idea who anyone was that im'd me today!
    The only software changefrom yesterday to today is, I upgraded to the latest 2Day beta last night. Is there any chance this beta would effect the hacked verichat prog? Any other suggestions? I have to rule out emailing PDAapps for support!!
    uhhhh....You could purchase the retail version mine works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by drei22
    uhhhh.... The reason we have the hacked version in the first place is that the one you get from PDAapps. doesn't work at all (or very reliably) with the 700P. There are a couple of threads on it and I think one of those threads is pretty huge.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drei22
    I would think he is refering to a TC members altered verichat, which allows it too run on a 700P. Quite well I might add too. Better than the retail version, more stable.
    The retail version is painfully unstable on the 650 it's intended for. Good luck.
  8.    #8  
    Just to be clear...I purchased the retail version. In fact I have a lifetime registration id (doesn't expire every year). It worked fine on my 650. Because of all the threads about trouble on the 700P I never installed verichat on my 700P until the TC "hack" came out. Once I did that I was delighted to see that the 700P worked perfectly, that is to say until yesterday when it reset every time I received an incoming instant message (in data mode by the way). Now can anyone tell me if they've experienced this problem?
    PDAApps won't even support their product, much less the modified one.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    PDAApps won't even support their product, much less the modified one.
    LOL. So true.
    The hacked version was working really well for me also until today. When I try to establish a connection I get this message: Unable to connect to the AIM IMproxy server. Is that an AIM problem?? or my verichat??
    Doesn't AOL periodically block 3rd party IM programs from connecting to their AIM service?

Also OT, but if you're fed up with VeriChat try Causerie. They finally have a version that runs solidly on the 700P.
    hacked verichat still working perfectly here....
    Maybe it was just AOL blocking. Because today the hack version is working normally again!
  15.    #15  
    I uninstalled verichat yesterday and cleaned out every little verichat file I could find. I then reinstalled and crossing my fingers it's better today. It seemed to not be resetting when I tested it a few times.
    Working for me...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I tried to install the hacked version, but keep getting an demo expiration error. What files do I need to delete to completly remove the application/
  18.    #18  
    Delete using the built in PALM delete command. Then use FILEZ to delete any file that you see with Virichat in the name.
    Mine has been working fine for last few months. I have emailed PDAAPPS at least 3 times in last 2 months asking when they were going to fix the compatibility issue with 700P & they have completely ignored the emails. This company are A holes IMO
    I cannot get the sounds and alerts options to stay checked...any suggestions???

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!