1.    #1  
    my girlfriend's a900's on demand has a map feauture that uses her phone's gps locator to figure out where she is. to my knowledge the 700p has this same feature but for some reason our on demand doesn't have it. I wouldn't be surprised if, god forbid, I needed 911 to locate me one day only yo hear them tell me I'm out of luck because I'm using a 700p
    Last edited by muncheroo; 07/17/2006 at 10:49 PM.
  2.    #2  
    i tried the java version of on demand for the a900 on the treo... it ran for about 5 seconds and then pooped out. i'm going on a quest to get this gps thing working !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo
    my girlfriend's a900's on demand has a map feauture that uses her phone's gps locator to figure out where she is. to my knowledge the 700p has this same feature but for some reason our on demand doesn't have it. I wouldn't be surprised if, god forbid, I needed 911 to locate me one day only yo hear them tell me I'm out of luck because I'm using a 700p
    Our Treo 700p's have are E911 capable but are not capable of using OnDemand with GPS because I believe OnDemand for mobile phones is Java based...I don't know that it's implemented for GPS location finder yet...
  4.    #4  
    I didn't think that the on demand that comes factory installed on our 700p's is java based? Even if it is why isn't the gps locator usable by anyone other than 911.