Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been trying to deal with slow good programs such as Chatter and Zlauncher on my Treo 700p. But today Chatter has been updated with a "quick exit" feature that makes Chatter be as fast as it was on the 650. Now, if Chatter can get optimized to work faster on the 700p I was wondering why can't Zlauncher be optimized to work faster. I have to plugins: Today and 4Cast

Has anybody noticed how slow things are on the 700p with Zlauncher loaded. Also, I have found that PTunes gets jumpy with Zlauncher is loaded.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yes, I noticed things were faster without ZLauncher, and that's a lot of overhead if all you're using it for is the File Manager and to make SD card apps run from the same screen as internal memory apps like I do.

Can anyone recommend 2 very small, 700p-proven apps that can be used to do these 2 tasks instead of using ZLauncher?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Can anyone recommend 2 very small, 700p-proven apps that can be used to do these 2 tasks instead of using ZLauncher?
    Launcher X migth be an option for you. It doesn't have the eye candy but it has the features and performance you're looking for.

http://www.launcherx.com/
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T
    Launcher X migth be an option for you. It doesn't have the eye candy but it has the features and performance you're looking for.
    I saw this on their website:

Anomolies when installed on a Palm Treo 700P
    Due to hardware changes on the Treo 700P the Home/Applicaiton Launcher button sends a command in additon to powering on the Treo 700P. What this means is that if the 700P is off and you press the Home/Application Launcher button to power it on Launcher X will start up and go to the next tab. In other words if you had tabs labled "Home | Games | Office" and when you turned the 700P off it was on the "Home" tab powering on the 700P via the Home/Application Launcher button would cause Launcher X to start and go to the next tab which would be the "Games" tab. At this time there is not a solution for this.

Is this still true, or has it been fixed? I wouldn't enjoy my launcher going anywhere other than my Favorites tab.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Yes ZL is slow with a 700p , thats why I took it out and went to LX is works great! Not slow at all
    What does everyone mean by "slow"? When I press the "Home" button when the Treo is off it takes about a second to turn on and launch ZL. If I press Home when the Treo is already on its less than a second. When I'm in ZL and navigating around response is almost instantaneous. Is a second slow? Or are you guys experiencing something slower?
    I've definitely noticed significant delays when switching between ZLauncher, Chatter and Agendus 11 Pro. Just installed the new Chatter today and have noticed some improvements, but the other two apps still take at least 2 - 5 seconds before I can use them after pressing the button.
    Yes, the delays are still there; however, in terms of what ZLauncher is capable of doing in the big picture, I am still going to continue using it. The others still do not do what it is capable of doing.
    Ben
  9.    #9  
    Good to know that I'm not the only one. For those of you interested in a fix please contact the developer at palm@zztechs.com The more feedback we send the better. This is what happened with Chatter, I reported the slowness issue to Marc and that time it wasn't a common issue, but more people report and he fixed it.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    With the extra memory of the 700P, I find I no longer need a launcher that aids in crashes.
    I was, like many others, using a broken version of LauncherX on the 650 (center button didn't work, it was later patched) for a good long time because everytime I went back and tried Zlauncher, either on the 300, 600 or 650, it was always slow IMO.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have been a staunch supporteer of ZL since it was first offered in beta; however, on my Verizon 700P, it was just too doggingly slow. Also, I pegged ZL as the culprit for some weird behavior in other areas of the OS. I have been using Launcher X now for about a month, and it has been marvelous. Sure, it doesn't have the "bells and wistled" of ZL, but that is a price I am readily paying for stability and speed.
    I stopped using it and my P-Tunes skips when changing applications have all but gone away.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    ANY Launcher X users:

Anomolies when installed on a Palm Treo 700P
    Due to hardware changes on the Treo 700P the Home/Applicaiton Launcher button sends a command in additon to powering on the Treo 700P. What this means is that if the 700P is off and you press the Home/Application Launcher button to power it on Launcher X will start up and go to the next tab. In other words if you had tabs labled "Home | Games | Office" and when you turned the 700P off it was on the "Home" tab powering on the 700P via the Home/Application Launcher button would cause Launcher X to start and go to the next tab which would be the "Games" tab. At this time there is not a solution for this

Is this fixed yet?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    So this is very strange. I have not noticed any slow down at all with Zlauncher on my 700p. I haven't had one problem with it.
    Ditto- Zlauncher seems to be working fine. I am running the beta4.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Im sure this is known but if u go to ZL preferences and under general tab try setting "update App info" to just memory not memory and card it kicks up ZL speed just remeber to refresh apps and shortcuts once in awhile.
    can someone upload the beta four? I dont wanna wait for them to reply to my email caus ethey take too long
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    can someone upload the beta four? I dont wanna wait for them to reply to my email caus ethey take too long
    |

http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher/beta.htm
    Last edited by Rob_T; 07/19/2006 at 07:24 AM.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    "url is not valid"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast