Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Marc (devloper of Chatter) has released a beta version that has a preferenced 'Quick Exit (Treo 700p)' that completely eliminates the app switching lag. It crashed the first time, but has worked the last 20 times with no issues!

Even swtiching to Agendus is fast!
    Last edited by Ohmster; 07/17/2006 at 05:44 PM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I'm using it as well. A very noticable improvement. Nice work Marc!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ohmster... you said that the quick exit is in the preferences, or is it automatic? I can't seem to find it... I have the newest beta...

Thanks

*Never mind, found it... seems I didn't have the latest beta, Marc slipped the new one in right after I upgraded earlier today...

Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Swap; 07/17/2006 at 04:10 PM.
    Is this app a part of Chatter, or is it a seperate app. If it is a seperate app, can you please provide a link?

thanks,
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    I've had two crashes that I've never seen before after installing this newest beta. Hopefully they are unrelated.
    It works great. Awerry, it is of Chatter.

I wonder if this is some kind of an API being call from Chatter to Palm OS making it running better.

anyway, I'm happy.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    Is this app a part of Chatter, or is it a seperate app. If it is a seperate app, can you please provide a link?

thanks,

From Marc's annoucement email:

v2.0.3b1

* Added "Quick Exit" as an option in the System Prefs. This should greatly speed up going back and forth between ChatterEmail and other apps on a 700p. I'm not entirely sure about stability, although I expect it to be fine.

Mobile upgrade: Use "Upgrade ChatterEmail" in the ChatterEmail's Sys menu.

Website download page:
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...ry&filecatid=2
    Wow this works really well, the slowness from exiting chatter to other applications was bothering me.
    It did make some improvement, but it does lag every so often..Good Job Marc!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I too had the crash the first time I used it... But now the speed improvement is awesome... However, this is the second fix from Marc in which CM really caused My 700p issues... The first one was the overheating and rapid battery loss...
    Last edited by BlkAv8r; 07/17/2006 at 05:28 PM.
    sounds hot... but ill give it a few more days before i update.
    good idea FuManChuu. I just got another reset all by itself when Chatter received email.

Well, but my Treo is performed as it should now. faster (still some resets)
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    I too had the crash the first time I used it... But now the speed improvement is awesome... However, this is the second fix from Marc in which CM really caused My 700p issues... Theut my in first one was the overheating and rapid battery loss...
    I am still testing the the chattermail beta and I do see improvements. The screen lag when I switch to an application seems to be gone. I had thought that was a Palm problem but maybe it wasn't. That screen lag
    would happen only every so often and somtimes it would take 8-13 seconds before I could take control of the screen. A big thank you to Marc!
    I haven't been using Chatter for awhile, but I did get a new 700P w/ a warranty date of 5-11-2006. The two previous 700Ps I had, had warranty dates of 5-08-2006. I don't know what Palm changed in the units with newer warranty dates, but my new 700P has no lag at all when switching between apps., even after I have loaded all of my apps. onto it AND when I have things run from the SD card. My previous two 700Ps lagged all the time.
    I noticed that before the reset it was still slow and after the reset the speed picked up. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I am still testing the the chattermail beta and I do see improvements. The screen lag when I switch to an application seems to be gone. I had thought that was a Palm problem but maybe it wasn't. That screen lag
    would happen only every so often and somtimes it would take 8-13 seconds before I could take control of the screen. A big thank you to Marc!

Well next AM this morning July 18, same sluggishness but it is doing it less. I guess I could shut down chattermail and try it for a day. We will see.
    Seems to be working for me after the reset..interesting
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    marc nice try but you can't fix palm's mistake. Patching wil not fix the problem but will start more resets. This 700p has more problems than a ford.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    marc nice try but you can't fix palm's mistake. Patching wil not fix the problem but will start more resets. This 700p has more problems than a ford.lol
    What are you talking about?
    I am talking marc trying to fix the slowness in the 700p with the quick exit fix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast