Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I use biz connection all the time, as my email goes thru filters before it gets pushed to me.. None of the email programs I find (snapper/chatter) can do this..

Any suggestions that work w/ outlook?

Scott
    What about Chatter doesn't work, I think I don't understand what problem you are having.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    What about Chatter doesn't work, I think I don't understand what problem you are having.

All the email clients actually pop/imap the specified accounts. Biz connection actually works with outlook on your desktop. So when mail is received it goes thru all my filters (spam etc)

So what I see on the Palm, is actually what is on my outlook @ the office... It does a true sync over the interned (edge)

Scott
    Oh, you are looking for a email client sync tool.

Opinion starts here:

No idea what does that as it's way outside my email delivery sanity range as it requires that (???) my desktop be 1) up, 2) logged in, 3) running Outlook (un-crashed).

We do all email on the server side, where it belongs (IMHO) and the client is only a window into that centralized message store with procmail for user filtering and spam/virus filters at the server level.
    The only real good choice is to check out www.link2exchange.com works awesome and does all you want plus calendar andmore
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker
    The only real good choice is to check out www.link2exchange.com works awesome and does all you want plus calendar andmore

The problem with link2exchange is that my mail is outsourced... I run multiple POP accounts in outlook and really dont want to pay $11 a month just to have it outsourced...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I have my emails forwarded to Fastmail.fm first, then have Chatter link up with my Fastmail account. One advantage of Fastmail is that it allows me to filter unwanted emails before the mail appears in my account (and therefore my Chatter). Fastmail uses Sieve which is an advanced mailing rule language (it does more than filtering). Check it out. This is a feature that most mail providers do not have or if they do, the feature is fairly primitive.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Nothing outlook based?????
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys
    I use biz connection all the time, as my email goes thru filters before it gets pushed to me.. None of the email programs I find (snapper/chatter) can do this..

Any suggestions that work w/ outlook?

Scott
    BC is great, you don't say why you are looking for another solution? Are you just looking for something else that will do the same thing?

I had a need to do a little more than BC allows, so I discovered MailRelayer. This is going to be a perfect solution for me, but I haven't had a chance to install it yet so I can't comment on how well it works.

Give that program a try, it's far better at syncing email than BC. I believe it also gives you access to your OL contacts, but no calendar syncing.

You have to use MailRelayer in conjunction with VersaMail on your Treo (or any IMAP-capable mail client). MailRelayer acts as a IMAP server to your OL data, so you set your email software to connect to MR and your email is synced. You can get more info at mailrelayer.com.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    BC is great, you don't say why you are looking for another solution? Are you just looking for something else that will do the same thing?

I had a need to do a little more than BC allows, so I discovered MailRelayer. This is going to be a perfect solution for me, but I haven't had a chance to install it yet so I can't comment on how well it works.

Give that program a try, it's far better at syncing email than BC. I believe it also gives you access to your OL contacts, but no calendar syncing.

You have to use MailRelayer in conjunction with VersaMail on your Treo (or any IMAP-capable mail client). MailRelayer acts as a IMAP server to your OL data, so you set your email software to connect to MR and your email is synced. You can get more info at mailrelayer.com.

The problem I have with BC is that after using it for a few weeks, it freaks out outlook. Outlook stops sending and receiving mail on a regular basis and BC gets a error saying it's creating a dump file. the only way to get around this is to re-install the PC portion of BC

Scott
    FWIW, I have never had this problem with BC and Outlook. ???
    BizConn works just fine for me. And FWIW, I don't have it synching with outlook. The personal edition allows for an IMAP account to be set up on the web interface, and all I do is run the connection manager client at work (we use firefox and Sun Java Enterprise, not Outlook or Exchange for our mail). Using that, push e-mail works fine and my e-mail is perfectly synced.

And the price is right too! With BizConn, I'm no longer paying an extra $40 a month for RIM to deal with its patent issues. I'm thankful for that.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    BizConn works just fine for me. And FWIW, I don't have it synching with outlook. The personal edition allows for an IMAP account to be set up on the web interface, and all I do is run the connection manager client at work (we use firefox and Sun Java Enterprise, not Outlook or Exchange for our mail). Using that, push e-mail works fine and my e-mail is perfectly synced.

And the price is right too! With BizConn, I'm no longer paying an extra $40 a month for RIM to deal with its patent issues. I'm thankful for that.
    This defeats one of the primary benefits of BC (for myself and the OP) - That is by syncing BC with Outlook you get the benefit of your filters. If you IMAP directly to your server than all the email on the server shows up in BC.

What would be great is if there was a way to access an email folder OTHER than the default Outlook Inbox. For me, that is the benefit of MailRelayer.

Does anyone know how to get access to other Outlook email folders with BC?
    The problem I have with BC is that after using it for a few weeks, it freaks out outlook. Outlook stops sending and receiving mail on a regular basis and BC gets a error saying it's creating a dump file. the only way to get around this is to re-install the PC portion of BC

Scott

Scott,

Are you sure it isn't something with your PC or something?

I've had BC running on my PC with Outlook connected to my corporate Exchange 2003 server for the last 3 years. I've never had it crash like you are talking about.
    You've got something very wrong. I've been using BC since I had my Treo 600 and it's never so much as had a hiccup. And that includes heavy use with Win 98. I can say that BC is one of the most stable pieces of software I use.

One annoyance I have is when I start my computer up it takes an awfully long time for BC to connect to Sprint's server, and it really slows my startup down.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Scott,

Are you sure it isn't something with your PC or something?

I've had BC running on my PC with Outlook connected to my corporate Exchange 2003 server for the last 3 years. I've never had it crash like you are talking about.

What version of Outlook and Windows are you running???
    Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. All latest updates.

I've actually been using BC on my Treo 700p, 650, Samsung i500 and Samsung i330.

Since around 2001 or so.