1.    #1  
    I sync more than I used to, so the problem is more annoying, not more frequent.

After a couple of succesful syncs over some time, all of a sudden USB Device not recognized.

Several soft resets, unplugging of the USB cord, reboots, sometimes fix it, sometimes (more common) a hard reset does it.

Any ideas?
    I have this problem with a cradle that doesn't fit perfectly. The Treo has to be sitting just right.

Also, with basically all of my Palm devices, HotSync Manager would be a problem. Killing the process and restarting it would occasionally fix a usb error.
    Make sure all of the contacts are clean. It seems to help.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Make sure all of the contacts are clean. It seems to help.
    Wadddya mean "clean"?
    Another thing, when snyc'ing, are we doing it out of the case? I have problems doing it in the case, none out of the case. Now that I tested it, it's back to Bluetooth syncing for me.
    Ben
    Does anyone do OTA syncing using TCP/IP anymore? I really got used to being able to sync anytime anywhere. I've since then set up OTA syncing on my server, hardly use it though.

I have this problem also from time to time, and have not figured out why it happens, but usually I just check my connections, and keep trying to sync and it usually starts working again for no apparent reason. I syc alot though, maybe 6-8 times during the course of my work day, in order to keep my calender up to date.
    Eventually the connectors get dirty and finally just fail....a new cable or switching to BT synching is the only solution. However there are a myriad of other problems whiuch cabn stop synching all of which have been covered in the various "can't Hotsync" threads in the synching section.
    I'm with Tonylmiller... cleaning it off seems to work. Today, it was extremely frustrating - I kept getting the "usb not recognized" stuff... usually a soft reset fixes it, but not today after countless tries... I unplugged and changed out usb cables, all kinds of stuff... finally, I tried to get all the dust and particles I could off of the seidio cradle, and off the bottom of the phone as well, and suddenly, it was recognized and it sync'd fine... I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I was grateful it finally started working again!
    I had a similar problem when I used a cheap sync/charge retractable cable. I finally replaced it with something that cost more than $10 and I haven't had a problem, since! (Knock on wood!)
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I've had this problem right out of the box with my BRAND NEW 650. I keep trying, go have lunch or something, come back and it finally works. Frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Does anyone do OTA syncing using TCP/IP anymore? I really got used to being able to sync anytime anywhere. I've since then set up OTA syncing on my server, hardly use it though.
    It just takes too long to complete the sync, I don't use it any more.