1.    #1  
    My wife recently got a used Treo from her brother. She took her simm card from her old phone and put it in the Treo. Everything works so far. The only problem is that when we call someone, the person on the other end can sometimes barely hear us. The voice sounds distant, far away.

Would anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? We'd really appreciate any help we can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by criste
    My wife recently got a used Treo from her brother. She took her simm card from her old phone and put it in the Treo. Everything works so far. The only problem is that when we call someone, the person on the other end can sometimes barely hear us. The voice sounds distant, far away.

Would anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? We'd really appreciate any help we can get.
    The volume of your voice to the receiver of the call is low?

You might try a trial version of VolumeCare and see if that helps

http://shop.gotreosoftware.com/download.asp?id=2158
    I second VolumeCare. It gives you the ability to boost or lower the sensitivity of the built-in microphone. I personally had to reduce the mic's sensitivity to get mine to function correctly.
    Check the firmare version. Not sure what it should be, but updating to the latest can help.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll give them a try.