1.    #1  
    I have never purchased a smart phone before, but I love the 700p and am trying to learn more about the applications. I have downloaded a bunch of softwate like takephone, datebook, etc. Usually after a charge or hotsync, the phone will randomly turn on, or I find it on. I then turn it off, and immediately it powers back on. I am able to use all functions, but until I do a soft reset, this will continue to happen. One morning my battery had run out. I have tried the suggestion from the palm site for unexpected turn ons and went in to versamail, even though it is not set upon my 700p, and removed the alarms, but to no avail. Should I just go back to sprint and get another or is this a software compatability issue? Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
    list all the 3rd party apps you have installed and someone might see something that throws up a red flag, but it def sounds like a software issue and not a hardware one, so you won't solve much by getting a new treo.

since you can easily recreate the problem by hotsyncing, what you should do is remove or disable programs one by one until it doesn't happen anymore so you will know exactly what is causing the problem. you can also work backwards by doing a hard reset and then intsalling programs one by one and monitoring their effect on your treo.

good luck!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I get the same issue too! occasionally!

But I have the keyguard and it just turns off the screen again. strange.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I get the same issue too! occasionally!

But I have the keyguard and it just turns off the screen again. strange.
    the screen usually turns on automatically when there is an alert (the yellow bell on the top left corner) so if any programs or events are triggering that, then it is normal for the screen to turn on. if you have an app that does this frequently whne you are sleeping you should probably considering setting the auto off to a short time.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Mine also goes on when I am wearing my BT Headset and move out and back into range.
    OnDemand turns the unit on from time to time as well -- depending on how it is configured.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Yep, also look at your mail program, especially SnapperMail, it wants to light up the world when it starts. Ben