1.    #1  
    It just sits and sits, then tells me the connection to my computer can't be made. Arrg!

The cable seems loose, but I'm hearing the "usb connected" sound from the treo and my desktop.

Any suggestions?
    Seeing the same thing. Frustrating. Used to happen with my 650 too--had hoped that problem would be gone w the new device. I think the connectors wear or easily get dirty. Worked fine the first several weeks. Had similar experience when my 650 was replaced a couple times.
  3.    #3  
    Great! Unsure of what I need to do, but right now I'm wishing I had my PPC-6700 back!
    If the cable is loose, that needs to be remedied before going much further. The hot sync manager needs to have Local USB checked and also in the Treo's hot sync manager, cradle/cable needs to be selected. Even though the sound is being heard, that does not mean that the connection is good enough to do the job.

Ben
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    If the cable is loose, that needs to be remedied before going much further. The hot sync manager needs to have Local USB checked and also in the Treo's hot sync manager, cradle/cable needs to be selected. Even though the sound is being heard, that does not mean that the connection is good enough to do the job.

Ben
    The local usb option is checked
    shows cradle/cable as being used

Still nothing...any suggestions?