1.    #1  
    Well, I've got a replacement battery on order now (Seidio 2400mAh). But in the meantime, I pulled my Treo 650 off its inno.Dock and was suddenly confronted with a toasty Treo. I've had this problem with a Tungsten T3 before (I think the battery shorted into itself), but then the Palm was out of cradle. So now I have a useless Treo (powering from the cradle with no battery results in 30-second shut downs and instant restarts), a battery that has cooled down and is still bulging ~2mm on either side, and a $55 battery (with shipping) due on Tuesday.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Stock battery? No, but I have heard of this with the battery you just ordered.
    I never heard of that happening to a treo before today wow be careful bulging batteries can and will explode.
    I would not try to use a damaged battery.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Out of the frying pan...?
  6.    #6  
    Of course I'm not using the damaged one. :P
    *looks at defunct treo on desk*
    *sigh*
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    If this is happening before, I wonder if you are having electrical power surges since you said this has happened before, might want to filter that line!

Good luck on the next one, lets hope your docking station is not roasting the batteries! Let us know how the next battery works out! btw, how long have you had your treo?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaughanusm81
    If this is happening before, I wonder if you are having electrical power surges since you said this has happened before, might want to filter that line!

Good luck on the next one, lets hope your docking station is not roasting the batteries! Let us know how the next battery works out! btw, how long have you had your treo?
    When my TT3's battery fried I was living some 160 miles away, so I think the two instances are not directly related.

I've had my Treo for ~10 months, give or take. I certainly hope the warranty would cover a fried battery... if I have to send in my Treo though I'll just eat the loss.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    $55 for a battery? Kinda pricey, no? I bought some new OEM batteries on ebay for my treo 650 a month or so for $19.99
    This is scary. My treo is with me around 10 months too.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    i had a bulging battery in my "tungstenW" (remember tungsten?), well that battery was not original palm, but i got it replaced. overpressure could be the cause for bulging. whatever the case, wish you luck with your next battery.
    If ya wanna see what a bulging battery can do

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=120021
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulig13
    $55 for a battery? Kinda pricey, no? I bought some new OEM batteries on ebay for my treo 650 a month or so for $19.99
    1) I got the Seidio Extended 2400 mAh battery.
    2) I got next-day-air shipping on it. If the defunct battery wasn't my only one there wouldn't have been any reason to rush.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  14.    #14  
    I've been using the new Seidio battery for a few days now and I'm happy to report that I have experienced no problems with it.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I had this happen once with my 2400 battery. Reseating the Treo in the dock (Seidio Innodock) resolved the problem.
    I'll probably be getting the Seido battery here in some months, so I'll continue watching this thread.. My 650 is a little over a year old and the battery life is definately less than it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    Well, I've got a replacement battery on order now (Seidio 2400mAh). But in the meantime, I pulled my Treo 650 off its inno.Dock and was suddenly confronted with a toasty Treo. I've had this problem with a Tungsten T3 before (I think the battery shorted into itself), but then the Palm was out of cradle. So now I have a useless Treo (powering from the cradle with no battery results in 30-second shut downs and instant restarts), a battery that has cooled down and is still bulging ~2mm on either side, and a $55 battery (with shipping) due on Tuesday.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    My phone was plugged into its charger. I noticed that it was a little warmer than normal.....wait, let me keep it real - the damn thing was hot as hell. I ended up taking it to 2 different SPCS stores. The first, they couldnt find anything wrong. They keot telling me that its supposed to get a little warm; I told them, I know whats its supposed to do; its not supposed to heat up like a microwave. It was the 2nd store that discovered the bulging battery. It was hard to just look at the battery and see it; in my case, I had to run my finger over the battery to feel it. (stock battery)
    ~ ScandaLous ~