1.    #1  
    For a week now I havent bee able to send picture text. I havent had the phone long but I thought I had sent picture on it before. Now for a week it tries to connect and says " cant connect to picture server" I have Sprint and tried calling tech last night and the guy told me that I had to view the picture then choose send and do it that way. So I say ok and asked why there is an attach button in text messaging if it wasnt going to work and he didnt have an answer. So after the phone call I viewed the picture and tried to send it but I could only use beam or virsamail. WTF I walked with a friend who also has a 700 and they confirmed the same thing and its happing to them many states away.
    Last edited by racing4funn; 07/16/2006 at 09:26 AM.
    Sprint 700p -- new in the box Sprint 650 4sell for 250
    Try this:
    Go to phone and enter ##3282
    Push Dial
    You should see a tab on the top left named DATA
    Click on the DATA tab
    Select UPDATE VISION PROFILE

Let the profile update and try sending the photos again.

I had the same problem and this is what did it for me. Let me know how you make out.
    ##3282#
    hit menu
    go to pictures
    enter your MSID in the modify portion
    clear picture token.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    when I press that, what does the Locked icon mean? My phone says locked. would that have anything to do with the little lock in some pictures I receive?
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    no , i called sprint the other day and they said that that is not the same lock, we should not be recieving the lock on our pictures
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    My MSID was locked too. Selecting the DATA tab gave me a list of options, one of those options was UPDATE VISION PROFILE. I selected that and it worked for me. I was having the same problem as the OP.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    My MSID was locked too. Selecting the DATA tab gave me a list of options, one of those options was UPDATE VISION PROFILE. I selected that and it worked for me. I was having the same problem as the OP.
    This method worked for me as well.. But only problem now is most of the time when messaging if I include a picture then the whole message will not show in the history..
    Sprint 700p -- new in the box Sprint 650 4sell for 250
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racing4funn
    [...]when messaging if I include a picture then the whole message will not show in the history..
    Outgoing picture mail messages have never been logged in the Treo's Sent folder. Note that failed upload attempts are saved to the Drafts folder. That will save you from having to reenter the text portion if you just select "foward". Also if you have a lot of failed upload/send picture messages it will chew up RAM storing all those in Drafts.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ View Post
    Note that failed upload attempts are saved to the Drafts folder.
    I've found that to be the case with emails as well. My 650 used to tell me when a message was not sent; my 700p is silent and stores emails in the Drafts folder. I realized this after too many frustrated "Didn't you get my email?" and "I thought you were going to email me" exchanges.