1.    #1  
    I got a friend who has an unlocked cingular 650 and when she tried to add tzones to her account tmobile said no becasue she had a PDA phone and they require a internet (29.99) plan. Anyone have any experience with this? I have sprint so dont really know what to tell her.
    Last edited by bigblue4ever; 07/16/2006 at 12:11 AM.
    You can use T-Zones ($7 I think it is) on a Treo 650, but there's a catch.
    They've blocked port 80 (web browsing port) to prevent PDA's from web surfing. However POP and IMAP email programs will still work. (Versamail should still work with no problem.)
    There is a workaround to the blocked port 80, though. You must use a proxy setting in your web browsers.

In "Web" (Blazer) go Menu>Options>Preferences. Go to the "advanced" tab. Click on "Set Proxy." In Set proxy check the box "Use custom proxy."

Use this for the custom proxy setting:
    Proxy Server: 216.155.165.050
    Port: 8080

This should get the web browser on and surfing with T-Zones ("T-Mobile Web" for $5.99)

Now this setting should get you to the T-Zones home page where she can then add the feature herself.
    I think the URL for the home page is "http://wap.voicestream.com"
    If you see that home page, so far so good. At that point you can look for a link to order "T-Mobile Web" or "T-Zones" or whatever they're calling it. Or you can simply type in any URL (such as www.google.com) and it'll be intercepted by a t-mobile page that tells you that you must buy t-zones/t-mobile web, and I think you can order it from there.

I don't know for sure this proxy trick still works everywhere. Every once in a while people report that they're having trouble, but my boss is still doing this with his Treo 600. And my instructions are hopefully right. I'm sorry but I'm doing this from memory and it's how I got my boss on with t-zones about a year ago.
    He's stoked that the's only paying $6 for Internet access.

here are a couple of threads that talk about this workaround:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65209
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=886554
    But there are many more, just do some searches.

Also, I remember that when ordering t-zones through the t-zones web page on the phone it actually took about an hour for the feature to start working. So if you order it and it doesn't work right away, don't freak out and give it a couple of hours before you claim defeat.

Other than that, the t-zones plan is only intended for little cell phones and they want you to pay the $30 for internet. I hope this helps.

Oh yeah, and under the networks settings in "Prefs" (go to the Treo home, pick prefs, then network settings) make sure "T-Zones" is set from the service drop down selector.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I appreciate your detailed response! I posted a problem with Blazer since updating my Treo 650, and this response fixed the problem! I, too, have T-zones, which worked well before the updater. Thank you for taking the time!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    I got a friend who has an unlocked cingular 650 and when she tried to add tzones to her account tmobile said no becasue she had a PDA phone and they require a internet (29.99) plan. Anyone have any experience with this? I have sprint so dont really know what to tell her.
    just avoid them, you can add tzones to your plan through t-mobile's webpage.