1.    #1  
    I have a password set (under the "security" program on the main menu), which is set to disable the phone when I turn it off.

My problem: When a call comes in, I can talk on the phone, but I can't see my calendar, email, etc. I end up having to hang up, enter my password, and call the person back if I need to access these.

What I want to do is enter my password while on a call. Does anyone know how to do this with the built-in password/security capabilities? Or with an add-on program?
    Have you tried just entering the password and see what happens? I don't see why it wouldn't work since it can practically do anything while you're on a call. You can even send a text message while yapping.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, and it doesn't seem to work. I can't figure out any way to change to the security screen. (When the Treo is locked, it makes sense you can't run arbitrary applications since this would mean someone could bypass the security by calling the phone.)

To try this, go to "Security", enter a password, and select an auto-lock option (e.g., on power-off). Then call your phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar
    I have a password set (under the "security" program on the main menu), which is set to disable the phone when I turn it off.

My problem: When a call comes in, I can talk on the phone, but I can't see my calendar, email, etc. I end up having to hang up, enter my password, and call the person back if I need to access these.

What I want to do is enter my password while on a call. Does anyone know how to do this with the built-in password/security capabilities? Or with an add-on program?
    are you able to launch any other app while you are talking? like pressing the hardkeys?
  5.    #5  
    No - when a call comes in and the Treo is locked, I can't switch apps on the 600. (I don't know about the 650 or other Treos.)

All that will run is the phone app, which doesn't seem to have any password entry option, and I can't get it to pull up the password-entry application!