1.    #1  
    Alright, so I figured I would put to use the ability this phone has to browse and play mp3s in blazer. I have tested this and used it to play mp3's of my old band from my website. To my suprise, I was able to play the mp3's just clicking them. I had a short buffer time being that I'm not in EVDO, but it still played in a matter of seconds.

I thought I would do the same thing with all my commercial mp3's, but instead of uploading them all to my webserver (which would take a lot of time anyways), I would have an http server. So I set up an http server on my computer and configured the port in my router (not port 80). I'm able to browse through my entire music collection and view the directories and such, but once I click on the mp3, it says the file could not be downloaded. I'm able to get other people to access the files and play them through their other computer, but my phone tries for about 30 seconds then says it can't play.

I'm going to be moving to an EVDO network area in a couple weeks. Is the slow connection something that is probably causing my inability to play. I have tried different servers, and they all have the same affect. Right now I'm using "savant" (savant.sourceforge.net).

If anyone on EVDO thinks this is a good idea and wants to try it, let me know if you are successful. It would be nice to have a large database of songs in your palm whenever you might have an urge to hear something.

Tim
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    cool man good luck wit your plan. sounds nice
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    try orb. Might save you a ton of work. www.orb.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    try orb. Might save you a ton of work. www.orb.com
    If only i could get Pocket Tunes Deluxe to stream instead of Kinoma Player....
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    If only i could get Pocket Tunes Deluxe to stream instead of Kinoma Player....
    Write to NormSoft. Let them know, that you want this. In the past they have been pretty responsive to feature requests. Especially if you are a paying customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Write to NormSoft. Let them know, that you want this. In the past they have been pretty responsive to feature requests. Especially if you are a paying customer.
    I did.

"Hello,

Due to a NormSoft policy, I'm not authorized to talk about upcoming features, future release dates and support for new devices. I'm sorry if I cannot provide the level of detail that you would expect in my response."

I asked if wma streaming would ever be implemented into PTD.

I was thinking of maybe trying this out http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/home.asp but I am still wondering for other alternatives. Orb is uber easy to install and setup, only problem is that it only works with kinoma.
    You might consider converting your MP3s to WMAs if you can stream those. The result is a file that is half the size and sounds virtually identical.

That might help since it will be a smaller file to buffer.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    You might consider converting your MP3s to WMAs if you can stream those. The result is a file that is half the size and sounds virtually identical.

That might help since it will be a smaller file to buffer.
    I think that's what orb does, right? I don't know how to check for sure, but I think the streaming audio is wma.