1.    #1  
    This is probably simple, but does anyone know how to set ZLauncher to the Apps button? Everytime I hit the Apps button it goes to the origional Palm OS launcher, and I have to select ZLauncher everytime... In Prefs, I didn't see an option to hard-key the Apps button, only phone, calendar, and envelope.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I am assuming you are using a treo 700p. You must download the beta version of zlauncher from the zztechs website, then zlauncher will be automatically set to the home (or apps) button
  3.    #3  
    is that the only way? there must be a setting I'm missing...
    Zlauncher Prefs screen has a checkbox to make it your default launcher.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Zlauncher Prefs screen has a checkbox to make it your default launcher.

I'm using ZLauncher v5.32. Where do you see this checkbox? I go to Options >> ZL Prefs and I have these tabs:

General
    Display
    Tab
    Advanced
    Quicklaunch
    Top/Bot. Bar
    Plugin

What version are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo
    is that the only way? there must be a setting I'm missing...
    What rhart is saying is the newest version (maybe even beta?) supports the 700p's home button, the previous version did not.

The 650 should just work.. Assuming you have the ZLauncher prefs under the General tab set to Default Launcher.
  7.    #7  
    I just d/l the beta 5.41 version and installed via bluetooth to the 700p. I tried the apps button and no luck. Also checked the setting in ZL Prefs, exited, tested, unchecked, exited, rechecked, soft reset, and it still doesn't work. Bummer :-[
    What you want to do: Quicklaunch - Enable Quicklaunch Anywhere - Tap Setup - Enable Button - Apps - Choose Custom - tap the button you wanna use.

Ben
    Version 5.4 and its under Prefs and General.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  10.    #10  
    Looks like i'm getting close. Ben, tried your approach and I now press the apps button and a menu pops up in the bottom left of the screen. It shows recent apps and an extension menu... which has a "back to ZLauncher" option. So, at least I'm not going back to the origional palm os. Ben do you know how to shut this menu off so that I just get the main ZL view?

How am I the only one this is happening to!?
    There is no way to add "Applications" to the quick launch. Here is what I did, I used the "custom key" option and assigned the quick launch to the green phone button and before usingn the green button, used the right alt key. Doing that allows me to press the home button to get the regular menu.

Is that what you need? I am slightly confused...if you keep hitting the quick launch key, it will contnue to display the quick launch.

Ben
    I don't get the problem here.. You hit the HOME button and it goes back to the original Palm launcher? That's the Default Launcher setting, if that's checked, it should launch ZLauncher again when you hit the Home button (or switch categories if already in ZLauncher).

Either you're not being very clear, or we're going in the wrong direction. Re-state your problem.

I don't see why you would download a 5.41 beta, when RIGHT on their download page at zztechs.com it has the Beta link with..

Changes in 5.42b4 Beta:
    1. Fixed the incorrect behaviour on Treo 700p's home button.
    2. Fixed problem on Treo 700p's signal indicator button.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I don't get the problem here.. You hit the HOME button and it goes back to the original Palm launcher? That's the Default Launcher setting, if that's checked, it should launch ZLauncher again when you hit the Home button (or switch categories if already in ZLauncher).
    Ok, got it. The version needs th be the latest beta because that beta fixed the problem this thread was trying to point out. I did have the default launcher option checked but when I pressed the home key, ZL wouldn't launch on home key, Palm OS would.

I thought the quicklaunch would set the home button to bring me back to categories and it did but in a few clicks. Below is the menu that popped up, which I did't want, just wanted the zl categories.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...uicklaunch.jpg

Thanks.
    QuickLaunch Anywhere is described in TFM, but it's a pop-up menu that allows you to llaunch your most-used applications. You can set it to show pre-defined favorites, recently used, most used, etc. I personally use the full amount of space for favorites.

It is not for changing categories, you do that with the Home button, or tab buttons, or a tab category drop-down if there is one in your theme.

I personally just use the 5-way controller to go to the tab I want, hit the middle button, then 5-way to the application I want, hit middle again.