Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright kids, its about time... With Verichat, and finally cracking down and buying Chatter, the battery life isnt really cutting it. Anyone have one of those 2400mah batteries? Are you actually seeing improved life? Is the TreoCentral store the best price? Lemme know
    Works great..gives about 20-30% extra time over the standard. I'd compare prices between TreoCentral, SeidioDirect and mytreo.net
    Yes , definitely worth getting, i can normally go 2-3 days before charging with regular web browsing, ,frequent nesem/ljp games during lunch breaks,4-6 email checks a day, as well as playing ptunes during my drives around town , just remember to
    drain the battery completely dry for the first couple of charges so you can "adjust" the battery to the treo hardware and you'll be set to go.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  4.    #4  
    thats amazing, as stands im getting almost a day... (and we are talking summer noon to 2am days :P) Looks likea purchase is in my future
    I have the Seidio extended battery and use Chatter among several other applications. Minimal phone calls daily, under 60 minutes total. I'm lucky to have the phone still working when I get ready for bed, it would be in the red "recharge your phone immediately" mode. I take it off the charger at about 6:30 am and put it on at about 9:00 pm. This is about the same performance as the factory battery that came with the phone. I'm not impressed.
    I have Seidio (2400 mah) extended battery. Use Chatter. Compared to the regular battery, I estimate 20-25% more battery life. My experience is different than spookysco's.
    Doing a hard reset if important also. I was getting the same life out of my new extended battery until I did a hard reset. Seems the device reconizes the extra power after a hard reset and also definetly do a full discharge atleast once of the battery . Now I can run my 700P for days . This battery is awsome.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Doing a hard reset if important also. I was getting the same life out of my new extended battery until I did a hard reset. Seems the device reconizes the extra power after a hard reset and also definetly do a full discharge atleast once of the battery . Now I can run my 700P for days . This battery is awsome.
    Think itll work to hard-reset, then restore a backup?
    what I did. hard rest then I did a backup restore.
    I am very impressed with the extended battery.

My typical usage is a few short phone calls a day (less than 10 minutes) and maybe one longer than that. Several text messages. A bit of web browsing. Checking email every 20 minutes from 7 AM to 9 PM and running Mundu constantly (sending and receiving IMs occasionally)....oh, and playing 30-60 minutes of Text Twist.

If I start the day with a full charge I usually have about 20-30% remaining battery life when I go to bed. It's usually off the charger from 6 AM until about midnight.

By comparison, the standard battery with the same usage had to be charged at about 8PM.

I got what I wanted out of it, online basically all the time and only having to charge once a day. To me, worth the purchase price.
  11. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Instead of doing a hard reset, has anyone tried doing an "in craddle" reset? Per Palm's KB, it's supposed to reset the charging circuitry:

In-Cradle Reset
    Rechargeable devices only

An in-cradle reset will reset the charging circuitry in a rechargeable device. This is helpful if your device turns off as soon as you turn it on, or if it doesn't seem to be charging when you connect it to a power source.

The charger can be any type of cradle or cable that charges your device. The important bit is to make sure the power adapter is plugged in and supplying power to your device during the reset.

1. Connect your device securely to its charging cradle or cable, and connect the cradle/cable to a power source.
    2. Use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus.
    3. Gently press the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?).
    4. All data on your device should be retained. If you do lose data after a soft reset, you may have a more serious issue with your hardware that requires a repair.
    5. After a soft reset, a logo screen appears, followed shortly by a Preferences screen asking you to set time and date.
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Had to get a second battery and carry it plus the CLA use Treo as primary tool about 2-3 hrs day talk time on bluetooth and Veramail set to active sync with my exchange server every 5 minutes. Figued I was safer just having a live factory battery in my pocket
    Push email vs Battery life... wish these things weren't mutually exclusive on a treo...
    Sounds great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Palm-Treo-70...QQcmdZViewItem

I am thinking about getting this one. It is a bit cheaper.
    Found another one from the same seller. $7 cheaper with 2200 mAh instead of 2400 mAh. Which one I should get??

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon
    Sounds great!

I am thinking about getting this one. It is a bit cheaper.
    Please let us know how this one works, because unlike the Seidio battery this one is the same voltage as the stock battery.

I would have bought the Seidio battery but it makes me uncomfortable to know I would be undervolting the processor.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  17.    #18  
    Just a quick review.... after picking up the Seidio almost a week ago, i've about decided on it.

I'm Happy.

I havent really been able to tell yet what kind of percentage boost im looking at, but it improved. I used to run screen 3 clicks right in brightness, now I run 5 or 6. I leave my bluetooth active all day, instead of spending time toggling it for my JX-10, and dammit, Fish Tycoon consumes my life (mainly cause i dont understand it)....

But, at the end of the day, im sitting pretty with 20ish, where i use to be sitting around on E... Was it worth the 20 bucks over a stock battery? Maybe not, but did it give the boost i wanted, to allow me to use the crap out of this phone all day long? Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Please let us know how this one works, because unlike the Seidio battery this one is the same voltage as the stock battery.

I would have bought the Seidio battery but it makes me uncomfortable to know I would be undervolting the processor.
    Cool... didn't even notice that! Just got one and I will let you know how it goes. :-)
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    Just a quick review.... after picking up the Seidio almost a week ago, i've about decided on it.

I'm Happy.

But, at the end of the day, im sitting pretty with 20ish, where i use to be sitting around on E...
    This is what I observe too. Thanks for the review!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast