1.    #1  
    After much experimentation, I've found a favorite (for now). I used the Windows conversion utility and installed MS Reference Sans Serif, 11 pt. Not an attractive name, for sure, but it works! It's close in size to the system font, but the characters are larger and more spread out, making it easy on the eyes.

It renders well in Chatter too; most fonts get cut off at the right margin, but this one is just fine. In Calendar, it cuts off part of the meeting times, so I use Arial 11 pt only for this app.

I'd appreciate other font suggestions from those who are really pleased with their choice.
    System: Calibri 13
    Blazer: Tahoma 8
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm still with Utopia 18
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Utopia 17 aa ker is the best font ever. Somebody please post it.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Utopia 17 aa ker is the best font ever. Somebody please post it.

Al
    i think this looks vile, but to each their own
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T
    I'm still with Utopia 18
    Can you please upload this, or tell me where I can find it? I did a web search, and loaded a Plucker file, but Font Smoother didn't read it.
    I've stuck with the default after trying quite a few. None seem to be as readable. I may give a Tahoma 10-12 bold a shot tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Can you please upload this, or tell me where I can find it? I did a web search, and loaded a Plucker file, but Font Smoother didn't read it.
    Here it is:
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I'm trying to find a larger font for Blazer. I'm fine with the system font for the other apps, but when I specify a font just for Blazer, it applies globally to all apps. I've tried the Font Smoother program, Font 40S5, and Font Subst all with the same result.

Can anybody offer any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    I'm trying to find a larger font for Blazer. I'm fine with the system font for the other apps, but when I specify a font just for Blazer, it applies globally to all apps. I've tried the Font Smoother program, Font 40S5, and Font Subst all with the same result.
    Did you follow these instructions for FontSmoother?
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Thank you. I just got it to work using Font 40S5. I had to specify the font I wanted for Blazer, and then specify default for each of the other apps I was concerned about.

But I'll try your way so that I can convert MS fonts.

Thanks again!
    quick newbie question

i downloaded the font to my device now how do i change to these fonts, lol
    gotta use fontsmoother bud, search the forums or google it
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot
    quick newbie question
    i downloaded the font to my device now how do i change to these fonts, lol
    gotta use fontsmoother bud, search the forums or google it
    Or just look up a few posts for a link to the best instructions you'll find for installing FontSmoother....
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    I'm still looking for a larger font for over 50's eyes to use on Blazer. I have a mac, so I can't use the .exe program to convert MS fonts. Does anyone have sans serif 24 or 26? I like sans serif 22, but would prefer if it were slightly larger. If you do, please send a link to the prc. (For you younger readers, you'll understand when you get a little older!)

Thanks a lot!
    I'm still searching for the right font, Utopia 16 or 17 works well but I want it a bit thicker or bolder. I find the thinner edges don't look as crisp when highligted in the default launcher.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    System: Calibri 13
    Blazer: Tahoma 8
    Great choice in fonts! The tahoma 8 font makes Blazer extremely usable.
    This post needs a revival. Anybody have any new favorites? I've found Cora Basic 11 to work really well.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm quite happy with Calibri 12 pt for most apps, with Calibri 11pt for Chatter and Blazer, and Calibri 10pt for Opera Mini.
    Last edited by gearhead; 08/01/2008 at 12:20 PM.