Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have been receivng news alerts for some time ( I think from NBC, but not sure) and would like to now turn it off.
    Anybody know how I can do this?
    Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    you are going to have to go back to the site you signed up on and remove your request for news alerts.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    you are going to have to go back to the site you signed up on and remove your request for news alerts.
    Therein lies my gray haired problem - i dont remember where i signed up. I did it either on my 600 or 650 and dont remember.

if i go into "info' is there anything that would give me a clue as to where they eminate from?
    Are they sent via email? SMS?
    If via email, look at the entire email. There's probably a link to unsubscribe.

If via SMS, try replying with one word: unsubscribe.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    If via email, look at the entire email. There's probably a link to unsubscribe.

If via SMS, try replying with one word: unsubscribe.
    it is coming as a text message, with no reply options
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb41g
    it is coming as a text message, with no reply options
    No clues in the text or the news updates as to who's sending? How about just sending a text message back to the number you're receiving it from? (Is it an actual number or one of those 5 or 6-digit codes?)
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can call your service provider and they can tell you where the SMS's are originating from.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb41g
    I have been receivng news alerts for some time ( I think from NBC, but not sure) and would like to now turn it off.
    Anybody know how I can do this?
    Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Try the following link: MSNBC Text Alerts - http://net.msnbc.com/tools/alert/sub.aspx