1.    #1  
    Is push email going to be available on the Cingular 650?

Jim
    Yes, probably in a few weeks (beginning of August). We are working with Cingular to get a ChatterEmail APN configured.

Marc
    I can't tell you how much I've been waiting for that! And if this later becomes a useful feature for the PIM sync pieces, even better!
    Naive question: Why does Cingular have to get involved? Dosn't the carrier behave like an ISP, and provides tha "pipe" to internet. Why can't Chatter (or anyone else) send/recieve any type of traffic over that pipe?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Because wireless carriers have firewalls on their networks that block all kinds of traffic.

Marc
    Does the Cingular ISP APN also limit the connections? I used to use Chattermail with my Sprint Treo 600 at my previous job and now I have a Cingular Treo 650 at my current one and I'm looking forward to using Chattermail again.
    I'm not sure what you mean about limiting connections...

Marc
    Has there been anyupdate to the push email for Cingular? I just got a treo 650 and was looking forward to having something similar to the bb connect.
    Yes, it works now with ChatterEmail. There is a FAQ here about what is required...

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=68&Itemid=57