1.    #1  
    hello, im gonna be getting a treo 700 soon from verizon wireless and i just had a few questions regarding the P and the W. I would like your opinions as to which one would suit me better...i have been hearing mostly bad things about the W so i will more than likely get the P...but im worried about synching to my laptop...here are my questions pertaining to the 700p (or offer suggestions about the 700W....

1. I use AIM a lot...i figured i would have to purchase the program...right?

2. I go to school and they offer wireless internet...do i have to buy a wireless card for the fone or is one already built in? i read somewhere that i have to buy one...im just not sure

3. I want to put a few mp3 on the Treo and from my understanding, i have to download another program for that...which one do you recommend for the P?

4. Whats the biggest memory card i can put in? i read the thread on the 4gb but it didnt seem like it was for sure...

5. Can you put movies or shows on it with a good size card? any programs you have to download in order for it to be compatible?

As you guys can tell, im still a n00b and im trying to figure this **** out...please be patient...thanks
  2.    #2  
    also, the treo 700p has a program already built in to type stuff up right? like a wordpad or notepad?
    The 700p has built-in:

pTunes (mp3 player)
    memos (like notepad)
    docs2go (office suite for palm)
    pics & videos (will play some video files...but not too many)
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorifro
    hello, im gonna be getting a treo 700 soon from verizon wireless and i just had a few questions regarding the P and the W. I would like your opinions as to which one would suit me better...i have been hearing mostly bad things about the W so i will more than likely get the P...but im worried about synching to my laptop...here are my questions pertaining to the 700p (or offer suggestions about the 700W....

2. I go to school and they offer wireless internet...do i have to buy a wireless card for the fone or is one already built in? i read somewhere that i have to buy one...im just not sure

3. I want to put a few mp3 on the Treo and from my understanding, i have to download another program for that...which one do you recommend for the P?

4. Whats the biggest memory card i can put in? i read the thread on the 4gb but it didnt seem like it was for sure...

5. Can you put movies or shows on it with a good size card? any programs you have to download in order for it to be compatible?

As you guys can tell, im still a n00b and im trying to figure this **** out...please be patient...thanks
    You should go to Palm's website and download the spec sheet; it'll address a lot of your questions.
    The 700p won't be able to connect to a WiFi network. The 700w can with a SDIO WiFi card you would have to purchase.

For Palm OS there is the freeware Toccer, which will work with AIM. There are a bunch of IM applications that you have to pay for one time or have a reoccurring fee annually. I'm not sure which ones work well on the 700p, so you should probably do some searching here.

For Windows Mobile, there is Agile Messenger (which I believe is freeware). I'm not sure what else is available.

4GB cards should work with both 700s. You can put shows and movies on a good size card to be viewed on the Treo. You will need TCPMP to view them on the Treo. It's best to put them on the card via a card reader connected to your PC.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    You can purchase it, or you can use a freeware program called Toccer.

The treo 700p does not have built in wifi and is not compatible with any wifi SD cards. However, a company called Enfora makes a wifi sled for the treo 650. I am not sure if they plan to make one for the 700p.

No you do not need to download anything. An MP3 player called Pocket-Tunes comes preinstalled. You will however want/need an SD card to store your music.

I can only vouch for 2 gig cards working.

You can download a free app called TCPMP which will allow you to play various formats of movies that you store on your SD card. Is this nice because you donít have to convert movies, but the file sizes remain the same (usually large).

Alternatively, you can also drag-n-drop movie files into the Palm Quick Install app (in the SD card section) and on your next sync it will automatically convert the movie into a smaller file and will play natively in the Treoís Camcorder app. This is nice because it reduces the file size, but takes a while to convert.

However, I personally like to run a free program called Orb, and just stream in movies from my home computer through the internet.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    you guys are good...thanks a lot!
    4 Gig cards work great. I'm using one on my 700p with no problems.

Enjoy -
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant

Enjoy -
    Larry Z.
    thats what i wanted to hear
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant

Enjoy -
    Larry Z.
    i forgot to ask what card you are using...